cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: signing up

NigelWood
Grafter

Re: signing up

It is an "opt out of LLU" checkbox. There is no way to reverse you choice.
7 REPLIES
N/A

signing up

I am about to sign up for an account for my university house, and I've come to the option:

Only provide my broadband through BT
(not recommended)

Now, is this an "opt out of LLU" checkbox, or something else? If I tick it, can I get changed on to LLU at a later date if I so wish?
N/A

signing up

I thought that changing from BT to LLU was a simple process, but LLU to BT wasn't. So why does chosing BT to start with remove the option of changing to LLU at a later date?

I've seen people having problems with LLU, and didn't want to be on it until any problems are fixed.
N/A

signing up

Would being on the "Coventry" exchange mean that I'd get put on LLU if I don't tick the box?
N/A

signing up

any ideas? I am waiting on information before clicking "next", so a reply sooner rather than later would be greatly appreciated Cool
NigelWood
Grafter

signing up

I am waiting on information before clicking "next"

Whoops sorry. Were not moving anyone else to Tiscali currently so either way is fine. You can opt out of LLU migration after the signup if you wish by going here.
N/A

signing up

great, thanks Tongue
Community Veteran

signing up

I thought that changing from BT to LLU was a simple process, but LLU to BT wasn't. So why does chosing BT to start with remove the option of changing to LLU at a later date?

I've seen people having problems with LLU, and didn't want to be on it until any problems are fixed.

I concur!

@Nigel
Is it this way to deter people from opting out?
Or is there a different reason?