cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-provisioning fee

N/A

Re-provisioning fee

Hello,
I was wondering what the re-provisioning fee is for when moving home and taking ADSL with us. It seems quite a lot to pay £65ish. This is especially the case because BT are putting in an ADSL enabled line for me in the first place (at about £70).

Is this just an F9 administration fee? I'd be happier if I knew it was going towards something in particular. I like F9 and have been with them for many years but this has annoyed me a bit.

Thanks,
David.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Moving Home Fees

Hello Dave,

That seems quite puzzling to me, if you move house and BT have to install a brand new phone line into your new home then fair enough I can understand that cost ( I know that you can often keep your old number and that its ported across to your new line if you want this). Again your NOT changing providers I'm assuming so that if your with BT then the move is within BT's exsisting network infrastructure.

**Why would F9 also charge you for moving home too? this is the bit I dont fully comprehend at all. Surely its exactly the same as above your remaining on the F9 network. Look your with BT for example and your NOT changing and your with F9 Plusnet and your NOT changing your package deal or monthly costs for your exsisting service and again your NOT changing ISP so why should you be charged a fee for just moving house?? Please could someone from F9 Plusnet explain why a user would be charged for this process and also explain how a fee is justified. I'd really like to know.

Ivan
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re-provisioning fee

Hi,

The cost to move your ADSL service is £64.63. This covers the cost of activating the ADSL service on the new line (which is a charge that comes from BT Wholesale).
I would recommend checking with BT Retail what they are charging you for as it sounds like they are charging you to get a BT Broadband service rather than moving your F9 ADSL service.
N/A

re-grading

Hello Ivan and Dave,
BT have said that they'll do a "simulatenous ADSL transfer". I told them that I use F9 and they gave me a reference number to pass on (which I did). They said that because it was a new line, they'd charge for that (fair enough), but that they would move my ADSL as well. She specifically said "BT will not charge you anything else. However, your service provider might charge you for moving house".

To cut a long story short, I gave the reference number to the F9 customer support guy and he told me to also fill in the portal moving home thing. I did this and the £65 for F9 seemed to be taken, automatically.

If it is the case that for a new line an engineer has to come out twice, once to install and again to enable adsl, that seems a little silly. Wouldn't suprise me though Wink

Thanks both for your quick response Cheesy

David.
N/A

Moving house & moving ADSL

Hi Dave,

The costs involved in both simultanous ADSL transfer to your new phone line & installing a new phone line seem reasonable.

The ADSL line activation fee seems abit steep to me, I dont recall paying as much as that when my line was ADSL activated (I think it was more like £50? and that was 2 years ago). I had thought line activation fee's had come down abit recently with the spread of BB services but perhaps I'm mistaken and they might have actualy increased instead. still seems like alot though, on a more philasophical view I suppose it is just a one off fee though.

**NO!! NO!! Dave line activation isnt done by an engineer coming to your house, its done by BT themslves at the exchange level. i.e. you do nothing yourself its done for you.

**As I understand braodband, your phone line at the exchange has a new line card fitted which you can think of pretty much like a network card (its a small circuit board fitted into the racking) and it probably also has some sort of software that's required inorder for it to work, again just like a network card in a PC & so only when someone from BT has done this will your line be ADSL enabled.

**Good luck with your move and I hope all goes well for you. Hope your cheque book survives the trauma!! :lol:

Regards Ivan
N/A

Re-provisioning fee

£60 quid to enable a line for adsl which probably already has that service running down it already ?

Saying that, we charge 135 quid for enabling a 256 link to our customers, and all we do is switch vlans Smiley
N/A

Replying

Hi,

Well there you are enough said then!!

Ivan
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Re-provisioning fee

Dave,

Firstly, a word of warning: Simultaneous transfers are very prone to failures. This is due to the fact that orders across 3 bodies (us, BT Wholesale & BT Retail) all need to be tied together in order for it to be successful. TBH it should work as follows:-

o We give you a reference number
o You take this to BT and they then give you another reference number
o You get back to us with the BT reference number
o We place the simultaneous order for your ADSL service
o This is tied into the order to install your new phone line (thus the reference numbers)
o Your circuit is ADSL enabled at the exchange prior to installing and activating the line.

Now for the charging:-

What you have been quoted by BT Retail is for the installation of your phone line. They have not charged you for the reconnection of your ADSL. They cannot even guarantee this because it is dependent on us placing an order with BT Wholesale and that order being successful.

We charge £64.63 to reconnect an ADSL service. The wholesale costs is £50, we add an administration charge of £5. Both figures are exclusive of VAT, so the overall cost is £64.63.

The cost is the same should you get the line installed and then ask us to reprovide your service (which, although taking longer, is far more reliable)

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Re-provisioning fee

Hi,
Thanks for your help. That makes more sense Smiley

I must admit, I thought at the time passing around reference numbers to co-ordinate a move sounded a little awkward. Well, we'll see what happens, but hopefully I'll be back up and running soon!

Cheers again all,
David.