cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-direct to blackhole mail account no longer working?

N/A

I've had several mailboxes re-directed to the blackhole account for many months now, in some cases years. Tonight, I've started to receive spam from them. They've just stopped working for some reason. I've raised a ticket for it but I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?
Thanks.
9 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

One of my colleagues has spotted a couple of examples of redirects not working and has raised an internal problem (35610) to our network guys to look into. Any more examples would be helpful to see if it is just one or two or affecting more.
cja
Grafter

Raised a ticket ID: 20282303.

I use mail re-directs a lot and right at this moment they don't seem to be working at all, where fine earlier in the day but now all my mail is ending up in the default mailbox. Least I don't blackhole email so is manageable for a short while.

The email service has been a joke for the last month... when are we going to get the service we are paying for or does it take requests for MAC codes to get something done.

Sorry plusnet service in the last month has been abysmal.
dancecrave
Grafter

YES, It appears to be completely broken to me.

My mails are now swimming in spam

This is aweful because I was considering asking support to remove the default account and then my emails would be PERMENANTLY lost and I would not have known for a while, assuming it was part of the greater email issues we have had recently.

Gulp!

Al

Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

More examples on the PUG forums

Linky
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Eserim
Rising Star

add me to the list - I have got stuff for webmaster, warz1, bobby1, postmaster and a few others, all on my bounce list at my £1 a month domain name.
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,

This has been raised as a priority 1 problem. The Networks team are working on this as we speak, and further information should be available shortly.
bootletip
Grafter

Re: Re-direct to blackhole mail account no longer working?

I've had several mailboxes re-directed to the blackhole account for many months now, in some cases years. Tonight, I've started to receive spam from them. They've just stopped working for some reason. I've raised a ticket for it but I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?
Thanks.

how can I set up a blackhole account, I am awash with watches, banks, medicines etc - even though I have set my spam setting to high.

can I use the blackhole account with other isp's addresses

Alison
N/A

Yep, I am losing all email into my small company because our default account is blackholed. I called Customer support this morning and no-one seemed to respond with anything except "we are working on it".

All our email is still disappearing into the blackhole as at 1.20pm. it looks like as well as not managing their own business properly Plus Net are determined, DETERMINED, to screw up mine, too.....
Eserim
Rising Star

All our email is still disappearing into the blackhole as at 1.20pm.

This is a different issue - we are complaining here about emails NOT getting blackholed - those email addresses we have set up to forward to PlusNet's Blackwhole account as they are addresses that are on junk mail lists.