cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: When are broadband plus accounts going to be upgraded??

N/A

Re: When are broadband plus accounts going to be upgraded??

A few weeks ago we revieved an email saying that plusnet are going to upgrade peoples accounts to higher speeds (up to 8mb) . we currently have 2.2mb but have checked with bt and our line can recieve 5mb,. so when are plusnet going to upgrade speeds of broadband plus accounts?Huh

i would like to know the same thing. its been nearly a week since my billing but still no sign of upgrade.
12 REPLIES
N/A

When are broadband plus accounts going to be upgraded??

A few weeks ago we revieved an email saying that plusnet are going to upgrade peoples accounts to higher speeds (up to 8mb) . we currently have 2.2mb but have checked with bt and our line can recieve 5mb,. so when are plusnet going to upgrade speeds of broadband plus accounts?Huh
Couger
Grafter

who knows seems fastest route is leaving PN and moving to another ISP as i got this ticket reply earlier

Actioned : Dear Mr Hatch,
Your account type will change over to the new Broadband premier option 1 on your next billing date, we will upgrade your speed within the bulk upgrade of our current products to the new maxdsl product.unfortunatley we cannot provide specific dates when this will be completed , however we will inform you via Email once your upgrade has been completed
JonathanW
Grafter

At the moment we can only place a small number of orders each day, though towards the end of the month BT are going to make a bulk regrade tool available to us, so that we can place orders for everyone at once, its then a case of BT working through the orders.

At the same time we'll also relook at the option to offer a queue jump process.
N/A

Jon, I have a worrying fealing too much faith is being place in the bulk regrade tool having a sensible limit. I wouldn't be suprised to see the tool only offer 1000 or so (as previously offered before BT cut the limits to stupidly small number).
JonathanW
Grafter

If its anything like the tool that we used last year, to place regrade orders for everyone up to their highest speed, then it should enable us to place all of the orders over the period of a few days. Though as with anything BT related we can't be 100% sure until they actually release it.
N/A

As is the case surely for the other things which you are relying on BT to implement, like LLU migration?
Staying on-tpoic, it seems as if many customers have unrealistic expectations about the timeframe at which they will be upgraded. PlusNet's communications have largely hyped the faster speeds so added to these expectations when we all know that it will take months for everyone to be upgraded.
N/A

The problem with that then Jon will be that once you've placed the orders it will take BT x months to work through it and so the customer will have even less idea of when things will happen... atleast with the current method while slow people get a rough idea of when things will occur.
JonathanW
Grafter

Whilst we are in the process of upgrading everyone to Max, this is going to take some time as currently we can only place a small number of orders each day. Later in the month we'll be in a better position to upgrade people when BT start accepting more orders each day.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Unless you've been paying a higher rate for up to 4/8MB your place in the queue depends on how long you have been with Plusnet. As a fairly recent customer I'd guess you have some months to wait. We may have more news of the schedule next week.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
avalon
Grafter

it should enable us to place all of the orders over the period of a few days. Though as with anything BT related we can't be 100% sure until they actually release it.

Hopefully Plusnet will shell out for a few hours of overtime for a few people to get all the orders into the BT system as quickly as possible after it is released. That way all of the PN orders would be in the BT que before AOL, wannado, etc get all their orders in. If not PN customers could end up at the bottom of a very long BT upgrade list. Sad
N/A

The problem isn't PN pushing orders into the system. As I understand it the orders are placed into an xml file and it is then just a case of letting the system fire off x number of orders per day...
avalon
Grafter

That's the current system, not the unreleased bulk tool. We can't be sure it will be the same, and even if it is, someone will still have to prepare that file (or files) and do the upload ASAP.

Since it will be one of the 9-5 M-F teams such as the BOT who will be responsible for these it would be a problem if BT released the tool at 4.30 on a Friday. Bigger ISPs with 24/7 operations would have theirs all done before PN staff had even started theirs on the following Monday.