cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re ; Slow and intermittent access to customer's websites

N/A

If Plus.net don't get there act together quickly they arte going to loose another customer
10 REPLIES
N/A

Can we please have some customers reading the Service Status posts around here.

OK, maybe a little harsh there, but all the same.

It was already been stated by PlusNet that work in in progress to remove the bottleneck causing the problems here.

Work doesn't carry itself out and a lot of work takes time.
N/A

From what I can see, based on our account, mail, websites loading and portal access seems to be running fine.

Status page was due to be updated at 1100 am. I'm sure that'll appear soon.

What probelms are you experiencing at the minute.

Mark
N/A

Final post for me, but I am intrigued by the various moderators who seem to deem their role to defend plusnet as if it is some sort of benevolent association that provides its services for free out of the goodness of its heart and that we should all be jolly gratefull for the chance to be part of it. When I came to plusnet it was to evaluate its ability to provide the business services that it advertises what i have found is an organisation that panders ( very well)to amatuer IT guru's but that cannot support the businesses who pay premium rates for those ( alleged)services. Wink I am sure its a fun club for its members but for people who rely on its services to support a business its a no no. :roll:
N/A

could not agree with you more, well said. oH AND I HAVE READ THE SERVICE STATUS THING, BUT I'D BE MORE INTERESTED IN plus.net PROVIDING THE SERVICE I AM PAYING FOR. Then there would be no need for me to read anything apart from my beloved website.
csogilvie
Grafter

Presuming your website is http://www.dominant.plus.com/ it loaded fine here... to tell me that you have exceeded your bandwidth.
N/A

I am intrigued by the various moderators who seem to deem their role to defend plusnet . :roll:

I think you'll find that it is the moderators who identify a lot of the problems which can be experienced with +net and having identified these problems work with support in a constructive and sensible manner to get said issues resolved. A brief scan through the forums will prove this.

These forums provide valuable advice to the users of this ISP's services and the people, moderators or not, who contribute this advice and their time, free of charge provide an added service to what is already one of the best ISP's on the planet.

You appear to have issues with the +net service you have experienced.
Thankfully you are one of the rare cases amongst thousands to have had a negative experience.

I for one find some of your comments to be excessive and unnecessary.

I hope that which ever service you use in the future proves to be better than that which you have outlined many times in these forums but I know that problems will occurr no matter which ISP you use.

I do wish you luck though.

Mark
N/A

When I came to plusnet it was to evaluate its ability to provide the business services that it advertises what i have found is an organisation that panders ( very well)to amatuer IT guru's but that cannot support the businesses who pay premium rates for those ( alleged)services.

I guess most people here would be interested to know which other ISPs you have identified that provide the services available here at comparable or lower prices.

And just out of interest. Are you saying that your serial ISP evaluations are an academic (perhaps journalistic?) exercise and that you never had any intention of using your account "for real"?
N/A

There are a few things people need to understand about ADSL. It isn't a leased line type technology.

There is no gurenteee it will function correctly.

As for choosing PlusNet for business purposes. When, you are looking at a whole host of business and technological issues on the cards with that one, for which there is not simple answer.

If you are a die hard user/business that needs the absolute best, then ADSL is not for you. You should be looking (and likely turning your eyes away) for a leased line solution.

Next comes the business class ISP, where there ADSL service possibly supplies to consumers, but everything about them sugests they are business class.

These are the companies that focus there time, money and energy on making sure that the maximum performance is squennzed out of the platform they provide. Howevere, these still bound the the restrictions of the service they resell.

PlusNet are neither of these. Any sane business would look at how another company makes money. This would include estimating where possible the costs of wholesale supply of such services, accounting for other services offered and then calculating an average profit margin.

If you are working on low margins, you are not going to be constantly working out exactly what you can do to improve the service, however, you are not going to ignore it either.

This is around where you find PlusNet.

Coupled with the honesty policy, your not going to find an ISP that can be viewed like they are by there customers.

There are a damned lot of improvments PlusNet can make, which I am sure if you read back over the last 3 months of services status postings, you will find a lot about.

Hell, for all the hugging and cudling up to PlusNet which some people seem to think some of us do, they sure do get a lot of flack off us.

I was one of the first to voice complaints abou the CGI platform being so slow. However, PlusNet came around the the honesty plea of "we know" and "we can do this at such a time".

We now know they are going to do somthing, and when we should come back and moan if it hasn't been done.

It is pointless throing in the towel and saying your going to storm off to another ISP if somthing isn't done NOW. PlusNet have said they are going to do it, and when they hope it to be in place and I am sure they will tell us when it is.

ISPs could do with a lot less people like that.

Almost every ISP will have Terms and Conditions in place, that allow them to fail there customers. It is in no way because they want to provide them a crap service, but for time like last week. To put it simply, shit happens, and there is nothing that can be done to stop it.

I would also like to understan why you say you are paying Premium rates. Most of what you see from PlusNet is below the going rate. They can't charge less than what BT charge them, hell, call me stupid for even typing that part.
Community Veteran

Speaking as a previous ADSL customer of Freeserve, and also Tiscali, and BT Openwoe I'd like to point out that there is a valid reason Plusnet are defended by their loyal customers.

The reason is that they actually speak to their customers, and inform them of what is going on.

No business on this earth runs faultlessly. I think you'll find that any other ISP is also currently having problems with huge email increases due to the MyDoom viruses (I can vouch personally that Freeserve and Demon have been) and coupled with the storage problem that Plusnet have identified (and, incidentally kept us informed of) this is whats causing the general slowness across their whole systems.

PlusNet are *not* a commercial webspace provider. They have no SLA for their webspace that I am aware of. If your business website is so critical to you, then I suggest you pay (through the nose) for a commercially hosted service where they guarantee uptimes. At the end of the day, Plusnet are a "budget" ISP who provide a damn sight more bells and whistles than any other ISP I've ever dealt with.

If Plus.net don't get there act together quickly they arte going to loose another customer

You can certainly exercise your right to choose your ISP. I wish you all the best at your new home.

Final post for me

Same applies - Have a nice day.

Barry
michaelscott
Grafter

May I point out that +net is not a web host. If you are after a reliable hosting solution, I would suggest that you went somewhere and paid for it.