cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re - Service Notice: SN22247241

N/A

I'm fully aware of this, I was making the point that even if PN say you'll get a 2000 product in your tickets (see jwhiting's post), you won't necessarily get it.

-Paul
10 REPLIES
Desperion
Dabbler

"Account has been processed by ADSL In Progress script

The ADSL commit date is:- 25/10/2005

Customer Activation Date will be after 12pm on the 26/10/2005"

Does this mean that BT have approved the line and will activiate it on the given date and if so will it be for 2Mb or otherwise ?

Thanks

Donald
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

This means that, baring any unforseen circumstances, your line should be up and running at the time specified. As for what speed it will be, there should be another service notice earlier on your account history refering to the BT Speed Checker and this indicates what speed your conneciton should be.
N/A

As for what speed it will be, there should be another service notice earlier on your account history refering to the BT Speed Checker and this indicates what speed your conneciton should be.

Don't trust it though - mine said 2000 (2mbps) and my line is only connecting at 1.1mbps, and after raising a ticket with PlusNet, they have said that the line can't go any faster, which begs the question as to why they ordered a 2mbps service in the first place Tongue

-Paul
N/A

PN will order the fastest speed your line will support upto 2Mb. It's BT that have the final say on what speed you will get. Unfortunately you seem to be have been provisioned by BT on 1Mb.
Desperion
Dabbler

, there should be another service notice earlier on your account history refering to the BT Speed Checker and this indicates what speed your conneciton should be.

Doesn't appear to be one :?
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

I've taken a quick look at your account, and there is certainly one on there. You might have to go further back into your ticket history to see it, as its generally added to the account a day or so before the one showing your active date.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary]
Desperion
Dabbler

The only reference I can find to connection speed is here:

Service Notice: SN22235542

"ABOUT YOUR PlusNet Broadband Plus - Up to 2Mb (Monthly Contract,
Activation and Modem Offer) ACCOUNT

We are pleased to announce that our initial tests suggest your line is
capable of supporting an ADSL connection. We have ordered the ADSL line
activation for your account, and BT will shortly perform more tests
before activating your telephone line. ........." :?

Nothing about a speed checker or what the final connection speed will be.

Donald
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

You need to look a little further back than that, but the notice is definately on the account. I obviously can't divulge the information here, but if you raise a ticket someone will be able to let you know.
Desperion
Dabbler

Shockedops: My apologies, thanks for that.

As expected 1Mb connection - ah well it did say "Up to 2Mb" :lol:

Thanks again

Donald Cheesy
JonathanW
Grafter

Hey,

No worries, it is a rather small ticket and can get lost in there with all of the other lengthy tickets that get added to your account during the activation process.