Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Network Management Automation

pjemmanuel
Grafter

Re: Network Management Automation

Network Management Automation

<snip>

When we introduce the new, shorter peak times we will reduce the peak-time allowances on Plus and Premier products in line with the new times.

I have to raise the question about the reduced peak time allowance in line with the "new times" you mention. Don't get me wrong, I am not a big user, and I don't think I have ever been over 5GB in a month - I am a premier user, but I am concerned that allowances are slowly being eroded away.

Exactly which allowances are going to be reduced for Premier? Is is the 20GB clean to allowance for P2P etc, or is it the 30GB SUP allowance? If it is the latter, how can you justify reducing this "in line with the new times". The peak times for this allowance WERE 4pm-midnight, the 8am-midnight was introduced late last year. If you are simply putting them back to their original times, what justification is there for now reducing them - surely this is a major change in terms and conditions, yet again?

I will state again, I am not a large downloader, and I don't use P2P, but I am concerned that the SUP that I signed up for is being eroded away by introducing new peak times, then reverting to the original peak times, but taking away some of my allowance because the peak time is now shorter!

Phil
74 REPLIES
N/A

Discussion - Network Management Automation Announcement

Please use this thread to discuss the recent announcement by Stew HERE.

Thank you.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

I really like this statement
More gracefully manage our customers experience to ensure that best possible connection performance is received.
Cheesy
But I don't like this one
When we introduce the new, shorter peak times we will reduce the peak-time allowances on Plus and Premier products in line with the new times

I assume that this means that the 20GB clean allowance will reduce to 10GB for the new peak time
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Please use this thread to discuss the recent announcement by Stew HERE.

Thank you.

Which links back to this thread! Sort yourseves out please!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Doesn't for me. The link takes you to Stew's announcement which I think is what Tom meant
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Doesn't for me. The link takes you to Stew's announcement which I think is what Tom meant

Which links back here - that's what I meant.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

I
When we introduce the new, shorter peak times we will reduce the peak-time allowances on Plus and Premier products in line with the new times

I assume that this means that the 20GB clean allowance will reduce to 10GB for the new peak time

I'd also like some clarification on this...as the current 20GB limit is a disgrace
N/A

What shape will "peak-time management" take under this new regime?
channel
Grafter

Well, in the words of Victor Meldrew, I don't believe it!

How on earth is it possible that PN change all the packages again? The chopping and changing is accelerating to a point where I think no package will be safe for even a fortnight before it gets messed around again.

There are now multiple layers of usage allowances (which I have lost track of) which are now changing to new allowances (unspecified as yet, but clearly likely to be pro-rata reduction). Cutting the "clean" (if you can call it that) allowances doesn't mean an improved service to the customer, imoho - it means that PN are reducing their commitment to their paying customers.

Why introduce this change now? It should be obvious. It's so that PN can cram as many 4Mb and 8Mb customers onto their pipes as possible without buying an appropriate amount of bandwidth.

And all the time, as we know, a substantial part of the existing bandwidth is being whittled away by the rude behaviour of the e-colis towards P2P packets which renders them useless and multiplies the amount of bandwidth required for P2P applications and the amount of bandwidth which PN customers have to purchase.

Incredible.
N/A

FOr anyone not around during the day. There effectivly getting Less AGAIN.

so its now what (10~15GB my guess) rather than teh 20GB they could use in the evening before.

Well thats just going to upset some more people. they seem to upset 1 group. Then another group with different pattern. Then another group with different pattersna again. Jeez :roll:

Are plusnet going to pay my increased electircly bill for leaving my machine on when i amnt at home? (assuming i go over the new limit)
aeroalfie
Grafter

“while guaranteeing a good customer experience as new applications emerge to make use of the higher speeds that will be available from April.”

New applications emerging great, faster speeds excellent - but both are practically useless when those of us on plus will only have 2-3gb peak time allowance.
channel
Grafter

Have plus net budgeted for the incredible load that is going to be placed on its email servers as a result of all the mailings that will be going out to customers exceeding their puny download allowance and being put onto a managed profile as a result? I'd hate to see the mailservers crash again.
N/A

No. there just going to leave the current 1's and they'll chrun mail out 10days late Wink
aeroalfie
Grafter

re. Emails.

I’m still waiting for my PN email (must be about a month now) to say I have been put on a permanently managed account!
N/A

Which links back here - that's what I meant.

Jelv,

The announcement would normally have been placed in the announcement board. I have linked the announcement to this thread for ease so that people wouldnt have to go looking for it, and vice versa in linking this thread to the announcement.

Im sorry if this has confused you in any way Wink .

Regards,