cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rather difficult to pass information to PlusNet

Serendipity
Dabbler

I have a “question” in at the moment (id: 19373823) because I have no connection at all. The support team have left a message on my answer phone requesting a little further information which I would love to pass on but:

1) There seems to be no way to add the details to the existing “question”! Do I just fire up a new “question” and clog the system up further? A “question” which will I’m sure join the back of the queue for attention.

2) All the CSC agents are busy so the automated phone system just hangs up on you!

So here’s a quick summary of my testing so far:

1) Netgear DG834G with the latest firmware connected directly to the master socket with no other equipment connected anywhere in the house = No sync.

2) Brand new Voyager 105 USB modem (borrowed from one of my referrals) connected directly to the master socket with no other equipment connected anywhere in the house = No sync.

3) Tried several different micro filters to ensure I don’t have a duff one, but still no sync.

4) Reset the DG834G to factory defaults and connecting it to my network with either wireless or network cable still = No sync.

5) Listening to the line using a bog standard powered-from-the-socket wired phone shows the line to be pretty clean with no hiss or crackle and only the slightest hint of background noise.

Now the fact remains that the ADSL service to this house was working just fine until the afternoon of Thursday 11th May (one week ago now) when there was a major service outage at my local exchange and things all stopped working. I’m sorry but I just can’t believe that’s a coincidence.

So PlusNet, while I suspect this is a problem of BT’s making it still falls to you to raise the issue with them. And if you want your customers to pass information to you I suggest that the developers take a look at the new “question” system so that people can actually add stuff to existing “questions” rather than have to phone (and get cut off) or end up bleating about it in the forums like me.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts so far. I guess I just look forward to hearing from BT now. Cheesy

All the best.
2 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

On the page where you view your questions (http://www.plus.net/my.html?action=questions), there is a link at the bottom to "Add a comment for the support team". Click on that and you can enter more details.

Phil
Serendipity
Dabbler

Thanks Phil, but that link only appears if they return it to you for attention. If, like my question, it has remained to be answered by the faults team that link does not appear. When I spoke to a member of the support team a few days ago even he was unaware of this new and improved feature of the interface.

Edit: Here's a link to a screenshot (with the names of the guilty removed) showing no button at the bottom.