cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapidshare Crippled?

Galaxy
Grafter

Rapidshare Crippled?

Just wondered if anyone knows a change which has led to downloads from Rapidshare.com being cripped??

Its painfully slow at any time of the day, even when they have loads of spare bandwidth on their network.

I hope this is a temporary problem and not PN yet again deciding what their users should use. If PN are cripping transfers from Rapidshare, I'd appreciate it if they could make this know, as this is normal web download not p2p of any sort.
13 REPLIES
N/A

Rapidshare Crippled?

There really isnt any time of the day when plusnet have any spare bandwidth as you can see on the graph here:

http://www.plus.net/support/displayImage.php?strImageFile=network-usage.gif

It is consistantly running at 100% capacity.

However, you are probably correct, rapidshare is using http and it should be fine during off-peak hours as other http traffic falls off (beware, actual off-peak hours do not match those specified by plusnet).
Galaxy
Grafter

Rapidshare Crippled?

I meant when Rapidshare have spare bandwidth (i.e this time of day) on all of their mirrors.

I've been using Rapidshare upto my line speed (Fixed 2mbps) Off Peak no problems up until yesterday where now it seems to be limited to around 30kbps.

Any other download via HTTP no prob. and running ok)
N/A

Rapidshare Crippled?

Sounds like some more limiting to me.
Galaxy
Grafter

Rapidshare Crippled?

Yep thats what it seems like.......this is why PlusNet have lost their credability with me, if they are going to cripple certain things, they should let us know.

Going back to that Graph thats very misleading compared with the old one. The old one had their total amount of bandwidth up the side and when it hit 100% it would show the totals at the top, not at what looks like 10% or less!
N/A

Rapidshare Crippled?

Thats due to the spike which i assume is caused by some kind of error.

In reality, its very easy to see that they are runing at 100% capacity since the graph is flat. Most traffic graphs will resemble the one shown for bronze dropped traffic in the one above.
N/A

Rapidshare Crippled?

RapidShare might be similar to zShare which a lot of MP3 blogs I read use. Trying to download anything from zShare via PlusNet at almost any kind of social hour gets me an astonishing 0.5kb/s per sec.

If I try it at 6.30am before I leave for work I get over 100k per sec. Try at a different time of day if you can although I realise that isn't always possible.
N/A

Rapidshare Crippled?

Add sendspace to the list, seemed throttled back to about 5K/s.
Fixes: 115

Rapidshare Crippled?

I, too, noticed a slowing of RS since yesterday afternoon. Previous speeds at all times of day in the region of 250 -600KBps suddenly were reduced to around 30-50KBps with some downloads as slow as 5/6KBps.

I did find that changing the mirror server (when available) gave better results but that didn't always happen and wasn't always available.

Is there going to be an official word from PN regarding this?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

Rapidshare Crippled?

Are any of you using premium RS accounts?

Just tested, getting 800-850KB/s with premium.

Edit: on rapidshare.de anyway. Not got a .com account.

Rapidshare Crippled?

Yes - I have a Premium account

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Galaxy
Grafter

Rapidshare Crippled?

Yes, I also have a Premium account (on rs.com not the DE version)

I did downloading something from Rapidshare yesterday evening and strangely got a quicker speed so maybe it was a routing problem?

Rapidshare Crippled?

I forgot to say that I have both .de & .com Premium accounts and both have been affected.

N/A

Rapidshare Crippled?

Looks like megaupload has been done as well! Cry