cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random disconnects & idle-time outs

rammie1976
Grafter

"We have identified an issue which causes some customers to be disconnected from the network intermittently. These customers can reconnect straight away after the disconnection and normal browsing and use should not be affected.

Our network engineers are working to identify the cause and find a solution to rectify this as quickly as possible. To help us with this diagnosis phase we have decided to postpone the planned roll out of idle time outs on the Broadband Plus and HomeSurf accounts until we have this issue resolved.

A further update on timescales to resolution and the new idle time out rollout will be provided as soon as they are available.

Kind Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
Customer Support"

So what is this issue/cause whose existence has been denied for weeks?
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

have a look at the many posts about disconnections, heres one of them,its only 23 pages! http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34546
rammie1976
Grafter

Indeed - I've posted about my disconnections on that thread and a fair few other that are further down the MB.

This is the first time I've seen anything from +net admitting there is an 'issue'.
N/A

Not to mention all the tickets they have open about this issue, mine being one of them.

In the ticket, I was actually 'guaranteed' it was not a problem at their end. Unbelievable.

+net don't believe their customers, period.
N/A

Does anyone else think that the locking of the thread about random diconnects http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34546&start=345 and directing people to this thread should of been the other way around.
Saturn
Grafter

Yes price47, I agree entirely. Apparently Chris doesn't (I asked).
N/A

Merging them would be better but then the long thread can disappear down the list so they can say there isn't much of a problem.

The conspiracy theory.

Anyway no disconnects today so far however I think I found another problem which maybe linked. New thread time.
mistymel
Dabbler

i posted on there and now i'm posting on here...its been a month and it is still happening :x

7 times in the last 20 mins :x
rammie1976
Grafter

Well as they haven't fixed the 'issue' yet, this thread might get longer!!

has anyone replied to what was causing the problems - not Netgear related then?
N/A

they're back Evil
10 or so in the last 5 minutes!!

thought it was too good to be true....
N/A

Mine has been fine so far tonight. Got everything crossed here that I can finally get back to online gaming in the evenings.
N/A

just got disconnected at 19:15pm aswell as some other plus net friends I know.

maintenance stuff or?
Saturn
Grafter

Yep, here we go again
Community Veteran

Ok,

After several requests, the thread mentioned above will now be unlocked and this one locked. Apologies for any confusion.

Chris