cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raised: 2006-04-06 15:15:41 - Open and still no reply

N/A

I raised a ticket 5 hours ago and I still haven't had a reply. I think this is considerably longer (about 3 1/2 hours longer) than the average time when I raised the ticket. What is going on PlusNet? And please don't tell me that it's been passed on as a connection issue with a 7 day turnaround because I'll be REALLY cheesed off.
9 REPLIES
N/A

The key point here is average.

To be honest, your wait thus far is not unreasonable. Depending on the nature of your query, you could be waiting for a bit yet.

Plus Net (mand i think) mentioned earlier in the week that the current wiat times and customer expectations were being reviewed by Plus Net. Hopefully in the very near future more realistic expectations will be given.

However, and based on recent posts and past experience, you have a bit to go before a complaint is really justified. Smiley
csogilvie
Grafter

The answer time is an AVERAGE - some will take longer to be answered, others will be answered quicker. Depending on where your ticket ends up, you may be looking at tomorrow morning for a reply, as not all departments are 24/7 for example.
Community Veteran

Yup, I tend to get a bit itchy if I've waited for about 12 hours without a reply (if it's something that's just gone in to the general pool, anyway). Although I often find if I submit a ticket late at night, I might get a reply within the hour.

Thomas
N/A

Right well I'll be patient - but not forever. (Like there's anything I can do about it anyway). [shrugs]

It just goes to show how often I raise a ticket to know that 1 1/2 hours really means 12 hours though. Even an auto response saying words to the effect - your ticket has been received by a member of staff and will be processed within the next 12 hours would be good. But I guess that is too wild and scary to implement (too difficult).
N/A

I raised a ticket and got an initial response very quickly - impressed with that - but it did not sort it out so I replied back - about 3 or 4 hours ago with no response yet - no problem - not a long wait so far at all

BUT, I also phoned in about a different matter and the chap on the phone was very good and I noticed that he raised a ticket and closed it immediately in my account area just saying what we talked about - this is probably standard practice but I wonder if by doing this they are drastically altering the ticket closing times (averages).
N/A

Tickets used to get at least some form of recognition within a few hours (usually a lot less). These days I don't expect any recognition for 24 hours at least and resolutions, well, that varies a lot depending on the problem. We have to face the fact that as PlusNet's customer base has grown, their level and quality of support has not. That said, it's often still a lot better than you'd get from many of the larger Residential ISP's. Just no where near the high standard some of us were used to.
Community Veteran

BUT, I also phoned in about a different matter and the chap on the phone was very good and I noticed that he raised a ticket and closed it immediately in my account area just saying what we talked about - this is probably standard practice but I wonder if by doing this they are drastically altering the ticket closing times (averages).

I couldn't say if these tickets also contribute to the average or not, but I can at least confirm it's standard practice; the CSC staff do it so there's a basic record of anything that's been discussed on the system, allowing you to check back to see what the CSC person said, and allowing PN to fall back on what was said for accountability purposes I guess.

Thomas
JonathanW
Grafter

The ticket that you've seen added after a phone call is what we refer to internally as a contact, as its used to log a contact with yourself that didn't require a ticket passing to another team. It doesn't count towards stats, as its just inserted into the database as a closed ticket. Only tickets that are opened with a comment, and then closed off with a second comment count towards the stats put on the portal.
N/A

Thanks for the clarification Jon.