cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIN and BBYW

Nick_Russell
Grafter

RIN and BBYW

A little while ago I changed my router to connect via RIN. I experienced much better speeds (was 2500-3000Kbps now 4000+Kbps)and a more stable connection. When I changed to BBYW I stayed on RIN and maintained my RIN connection (BT IP addresses not PlusNet's) - all hunky dory. VMBU did not work but speeds and connection improvements worth it.

I have just had to reboot my router and had to reconnect using old connection (I read that this is normal?.)

Good news is that I now get the new VMBU (very pretty and useful) but I'm back to old speeds.

Are there plans to allow BBYW customers to connect to RIN and also for VMBU to work with RIN?
3 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

RIN and BBYW

Hi there,

The functionality for the RIN trial has not been built into BBYW accounts. However for some PAYG users who transferred this has remained possible as they were connected at the time, or the component itself was retained during the account changeover.

We have no plans to add anyone other than PAYG users to the trial, or commit more development time to it, unless we decide to use it on a larger scale (ie across the userbase).

If that happens, we'll of course let you all know. Smiley

On a slightly different note, do you see increased speeds on RIN on certain protocols, or across the board?
Nick_Russell
Grafter

RIN and BBYW

Thanks for the information. I'm sure many will report better service using RIN so I wonder why you are not switching to this?

My use as follows this month...

Paid-For Usage: Free: Total usage
Web 65% 5% 70%
Email 3% 0% 3%
Broadband phonecalls 0% 0% 0%
Gaming 0% 0% 0%
Streaming 4% 0% 4%
PlusNet FTP 0% 0% 0%
Peer-to-peer 0% 0% 0%
Usenet 0% 0% 0%
FTP (non PlusNet) 0% 2% 2%
Other 21% 0% 21%
Total usage so far 93% 7% 100%

How about doing a survey to determine how people found RIN and how it compared to their normal connection?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

RIN and BBYW

I'm sure that something similar to a survey is in the pipeline.
You have to remember that we are still running RIN on a trial basis which is why not all accounts have access to it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team