cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDNS

N/A

RDNS

Hi What is the best way to have my RDNS changed ?
15 REPLIES
N/A

RDNS

Just raise a ticket asking for it to be changed.

Best let them know what you want it to show too. Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

RDNS

I'm sure there used to be a specific path when raising a ticket which detailed the available options, but I'm dammed if I can find it now Sad
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

RDNS

you need to go into your domain settings and in the left field enter your desired hostname set it as an A record and in the right field enter your static WAN IP, then raise a ticket and inform them you have changed it, and plusnet do the rest.

Cheesy
N/A

RDNS

in the left field enter your desired hostname set it as an A record and in the right field enter your static WAN IP,
Cheesy

I understand the IP part
The other part!! should that be mail.mydomain.co.uk or www.mydomain.co.uk or could it even just be the name of my server ...!! or can it be my WAN IP ?

Thanks
Mal
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

RDNS

There was a specific option for it to be based on your IP in the place I was trying to remember.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

RDNS

if your domain is www.mydomain.co.uk in the left field you enter only mydomain.co.uk. excluding www.
note the extra . after .co.uk Wink
N/A

RDNS

if your domain is www.mydomain.co.uk in the left field you enter only mydomain.co.uk. excluding www.
note the extra . after .co.uk Wink

what should my PRI settings be?

Its ok
got it sussed lol
csogilvie
Grafter

RDNS

PRI is only used for MXes
N/A

RDNS

Hey Guys

I have now made the changes and at present I am still unable to send to AOL, Hotmail and a few others. What else do I need to do ?Huh
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

RDNS

Hi there,

Are you trying to send using your own SMTP server? If so you would need to set up an smtp connector to relay email to those destinations over our relays.

BTW, the creation of the pointing A record in order to request an rDNS change is only necessary if the domain isn't hosted on your account.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

RDNS

BTW, the creation of the pointing A record in order to request an rDNS change is only necessary if the domain isn't hosted on your account.

Kind Rgds,

Then why was I told (by plusnet) to do that, in order to have my rDNS point to a domain hosted by plusnet :?:

As detailed here:

link:csa removed CSC Analyst 6:02am, Wednesday 18th October 2006
Dear Mr Boyes,
Can you create the forward record for us please?
This would need to be done via our Domain Control section of our website.
Configure the DNS and add an A record.
In the left field enter mydomain.co.uk. (notice the trailing .)
In the right field enter yoru IP address.
Please advise when this is done.

Regards,
link:csa removed

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Agents name removed. Posting these in the context of Contact Us tickets is not allowed. : link:rules ]
N/A

RDNS

yes my own SMTP server
the domain is hosted on my account

I am using Microsoft IIS SMTP server which is set to try sending directly and then via the smart host relay.plus.net.

What is "smtp connector" and how do i do that?

mal
N/A

RDNS

mal, to have mail deilvered directly to your smtp server, rather then be collected via POP, you need to go to your domain settings, configure, and under mail settings select 'I wish mail to this domain to be delivered to my static IP by SMTP'
N/A

RDNS

Cheers

but thats already taken care of... my problems are sending to domains such as AOL, hotmail,

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server."

Final-Recipient: rfc822;person@aol.com
Action: failed