Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickie on monthly usage limits

N/A

Hi,
On BB+ 2mb and average 4gb use a month.
Last month downloaded a couple of biggies as most of my applications needed updating and went to around 6.5gb by the end of my billing period. Got an email to say I was on a static IP to have my usage monitored.
I am a bit confused on what would happen if this happens again. Am i limited in some way after so many strikes or is it just slowed down and then reset at the end of each billing period? I certainly don't want to be paranoid about using the web and constantly checking my usage. I regularly visit versiontracker.com and don't want to worry about downloading if I need an update or some shareware.
Also, If I need to download some biggies and do so after midnight is there also a recommended useage limit to this, and do plusnet differentiate between the two?
e.g. If I download 4 gig or so peak time and then download another 3 or so after midnight, will I still get an email or do I have to exceed 5gb only at peak times?
I have tried to get the info I need on here but I am confused - there seems to be conflicting info and lots of threads that become complaints about 'shaping'.
When I signed up it was also for unlimited use and 'no need to worry about how much you download' but I understand the need for management. I just want to know where I stand on limits and what i CAN do in plain english.
Then I can adapt my usage to match (might have a harder time keeping track of my son though!)
Thanks
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

have a look at the information provided on the UserGroup site.

That should answer your queries in a straight forward manner.

Let us know if you have any queries.
N/A

Thanks Mark,
Found most of the info I needed on the plusnet statement. I will simply copy links to anything big I need and use them after midnight.
When checking my usage how do I know what was peak / off-peak?
Does the bar change colour on bb+ ?
Thanks,
Phil
Community Veteran

BB+ does not currently show peak time usage but the work to show this is in development with a end feb/beg march timeframe for implementation.
aeroalfie
Grafter

Yet PN have time to think up and implement new logos while it seems important monitoring tools for BB+ accounts are put on the back burner.
Good to see they have their priorities in order!
Community Veteran

The logos are done by a small number of staff in their spare time.
N/A

BB+ does not currently show peak time usage

It's gone live since your message (Dave Tomlinson has posted this in another thread), and seems to be working fine, judging from my own account.
N/A

Noticed this last night Cheesy Cheesy . Had created a new folder for off-peak downloads so
I could keep track and have a rough idea of usage.
Before starting a download at 12.05 I came to check usage and there it was.
Very useful tool, but now it's in place what else will people find to moan about Wink
Considering I came to PlusNet from AOL where I was paying £15 quid a month
for 3.5k a second speeds and continuous dropouts I don't really think I have much to moan about.
Yes, it was advertised as 'you don't need to keep track' but things change and need to be sustainable. With the off peak allowance set quite high I really don't think PN is bad for the money and I am happy to adapt. I am just about to purchase a nice little download scheduler so I don't have to stay up late now!