cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question if I may

N/A

Quick question if I may

As autumn fast approaches I was wandering if there is any update on when the 4mb and 8mb services would become generally available. I appreciate that actual launch details are probably not available yet but was hoping for a rough idea.

Kind regards
Chris Ferns
7 REPLIES
N/A

Quick question if I may

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

There is still no hard and fast dates for the full rollout but April 2006 is being reported at the minute.
LiamM
Grafter

Quick question if I may

Unfortunately, the latest update is that the rollout of a public trial will begin in November. Depending on the results of that, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see full scale rollout and availability for 6 months after that.
N/A

Quick question if I may

But it's an idea to take that with a pinch of salt, we all know what companies like BT think of deadlines Smiley
Community Veteran

Quick question if I may

and chrisferns, if you are currently on either the upto 4Mbs or upto 8Mbs service you need to downgrade to the upto 2Mbs service for free (you have 1 downgrade credit) and save your self a lot of dosh. There are no benefits in staying on the higher speed accounts.
N/A

Quick question if I may

Unless you're gonna be using more than 100gb/month of course Smiley
Community Veteran

Quick question if I may

Aye that be right.
N/A

Thanks!

I am "only" on the 2mb service (and very happy by the way!!!). i just thought I would ask as I seem to remember November being discussed back at the beginning of the year.

Thanks for your responses. Cheesy