cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question about tickets

N/A

Hey all,

I was just wondering how long it takes to get a reply from PS using a ticket. I read that it only takes like an hour and half for a reply but I've waited nearly 12 hours now.

My ticket number is 19292894. Can someone take a quick look please?

Thank you Smiley
7 REPLIES
N/A

It frequently takes a lot lot longer than the stated time to reply to a ticket. Once it has been initially addressed by a CSC agent it may then need to be escalated to another department (which takes more time) or returned to you for more information. Depending on the issue tickets often bounce around for a while between the customer and various departments before they are resolved, with gaps of anything from 5 minutes to a week inbetween responses. The system is currently under a lot of strain hence PlusNet having a number of periods recently when telephone support has been reduced to a skeleton staff to catch up with tickets.

Is there anything that those of us on the forum can help with?
N/A

Thank you

The problem I submitted was that I think my usage has been "managed" because I can only download at 30kbs on USENET. Though Ive only used just over 3gb during peak hours this billing period. I'm on Premier Option 1 by the way.
N/A

Oh dear, you may have a long wait on a resolution and a number of interesting responses Sad

There are a number of threads with others seeing problems with Usenet speeds. Quoting them and gathering as much information showing that there is not a problem with your connection or with exchange contention may help you. These are the sort of things you may be asked in any initial response to the ticket (unless you are outrightly told that there is no management and no problem). Variations in speed throughout the day, speeds of other protocols, checking your Usenet supplier etc are all thing that it's worth checking and could be brought up. 30kbs is also not seen as a problem by PlusNet in many cases so I'm not sure how much help you will get, it will probably be put down to the normal limits of a contended network.
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I can't see anything on your account to suggest management has been applied and your peak time usage is fine.

I have sent your details to our networks team to ensure that you have not been profiled incorrectly and will update your ticket as soon as I get a reply.
N/A

oh thank you both very much.

im not sure it is contention thats causing the problem as ive always downloaded at fullspeed across all protocols in all times of the day and ive never come across this before (this being stuck at 30kb/s without any management). i've spoken to other Newshosting (my Usenet provider) users and they all have excellent speeds. All other protocols are at full speed as well. I was thinking it must just be the profiling. i haven't recieved an email regarding management either.

I hope all this helps. eagerly awaiting your mandbeckett. thanks again for your help guys.
N/A

is there a quick way to test FTP speeds?

I dont know any FTP sites i can download from to test my speed.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.
N/A

Its me again...

Just thought I'd let mandbeckett know that everything is fine now. Im getting fullspeed again.

Sometimes the best thing to do is just wait it out isnt it? lol The Internet is a strange place.

Thanks again for your help.