cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Question

N/A

Quick Question

Hi there,

I've signed up for the plus.net £15.99 package, and am up to the "Activating your line Your order is being submitted to BT for ADSL activation. " and also the "Hardware" stage. The date is this saturday after 12:00pm and I was wondering whether the hardware is sent after this has happened, or is it independant and will be sent beforehand?

Thanks

David
11 REPLIES
N/A

Quick Question

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums.

your hardware should be with you just before the activation. So should be there anyday now.
N/A

Quick Question

Thanks for the quick reply and info : )
Community Veteran

Quick Question

£15.99? Did you really mean £14.99 or did you elect to have a domain registered for £1/month?
N/A

Quick Question

Typo sorry, should have been £14.99. Smiley

Another question if you dont mind:

The hardware has arrived this morning and I have installed it all and the DSL light on my modem is lit up and not flashing. I'm guessing this means that the DSL has been activated on my phone line. I have tried to connect but it will not let me, saying the user is unknown in the domain or something (I'm in the library and not in my room.) Do I need to inform plus.net that the DSL is activated so THEY can activate my account their end?

Thanks

David
N/A

Quick Question

If you are using the correct log in details it should complete the proces within about 30 mins of your first log on attempt.

If it doesnt, then give support a ring on 0845 1400200 and let them know.

They should sort it fairly quickly.

Enjoy. Smiley
JonathanW
Grafter

Quick Question

Hi,

The system should pick up the fact that you're trying to come through and sort everything out on our end. Though if it doesn't do it in a timely fashion there's a couple of options. The first, and probably less popular, would be to wait untill the activation date specified on your account. The second is to contact the support centre, let them know you have a steady synch, and ask them to activate it early for you.
kevchalluk
Grafter

Quick Question

I've not got my hardware yet although my connection was confirmed last night and my billing cycle has been set at the 19th. Is it normal not to have the hardware before connection?? I'm now paying for my broadband but have no way of accessing it - the tracker just says "awaiting processing" on the hardware!! :?
JonathanW
Grafter

Quick Question

Hi,

The hardware is generally ordered a few days before your account is due to be activated. Though in some cases, generally if there's an issue with BTw during the ordering process it can be delayed a little untill the account is activated. As this isn't the norm, raise us a ticket once the hardware gets to you and someone will sort it out for you.
kevchalluk
Grafter

Quick Question

The problem has occured because yesterday I was told that my local exchange was at full capacity and I would have an unspecified wait and then last night I was connected!! I've raised a ticket about it, but what will happen? will my billing date change or remain the same? If the hardware doesn't come for another day or two then I'm paying for the service and I can't use it!
JonathanW
Grafter

Quick Question

Hi,

That's something that should be delt with on the ticket. Though it'll have to be delt with once the hardware reaches you, so that we know how long it took to get the hardware to you. Though assuming its dispatched tonight, it should be with you by saturday, if it doesn't get there tomorrow.
kevchalluk
Grafter

Quick Question

OK, well I'll wait and see and raise another ticket in that case!