cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick MaxADSL question

N/A

Quick MaxADSL question

Hi guys, as most of you probably know MaxADSL is doe to roll out soon across the country. My excahnge is due to be enabled on the 31st March, but do PlusNet have any ideas when 8mb will be enabled for the customers to actually use, if at all?

Cheers for any information.
31 REPLIES
N/A

Quick MaxADSL question

The free upgrades will probabily take quiet a few months like last time.

So it could be a month. it could be 6. Its hard to say
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Quick MaxADSL question

Hi,

We're currently awaiting the final sign off from BT Wholesale regarding how we place the modify orders to increase the speeds, but essentially we will be placing an order for each of our customers between the end of March and the end of April (finishing when all the exchanges that are being enabled for DSLMax are ready).

Exactly when an individual order will be placed and how long it will take to complete I can't say at the moment, but the first orders should start to complete early to mid April.

We'll be able to go into a bit more detail once the actual process of placing the orders begins and whether that's done as one bulk "regrade every customer" order or if we place individual modify orders for each customer.
Midville
Grafter

Quick MaxADSL question

According to PlusNet user tools mine has been done today. Earlier than expected. Cheesy

Dave can you open the 'tap' on my account please...... Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Quick MaxADSL question

Hi,

Are you sure that's enabled date and not the date when the exchange checker was updated, I've no exchanges on my spreadsheet with a date of today, but Colin updated the data earlier this evening.
tumnus
Grafter

Quick MaxADSL question

Yeah, I just noticed my exchange upgrade has been completed too. Does that mean that we could technically get MaxDSL now, or is BT not upgrading anyone until April? Could we could put in a request to upgrade now to try and beat the rush?

I was also wondering, does MaxDSL try and connect as fast as is stable (up to 8mb) regardless of your PlusNet package, so PN effectively limit the speed below 8mb? I am on 2mb Premier (currently limited to 1mb by BT), but with MaxDSL would I be able to upgrade to 4mb Premier without anything having to be done to my line? (The MaxDSL calculators show I could probably get over 5mb)
hiflier
Grafter

Quick MaxADSL question

Dave.

I've just checked my exchange, and it was enabled today. Upgrade status is Green, and product will be available!!!!!!! from 31st March.
Exchange is NDSTU

Regards

Ian.
N/A

Quick MaxADSL question

I understand that BT has made an update today, and 3376 exchanges are now "green", like mine. It won't be properly enabled until 31 March though.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Quick MaxADSL question

31st March is still the estimated dates, only the original trial exchanges have been enabled, I wouldn't expect any more until the 31st.

I was also wondering, does MaxDSL try and connect as fast as is stable (up to 8mb) regardless of your PlusNet package, so PN effectively limit the speed below 8mb?

Yes, DSLMax will allow the line sync at the maximum speed it can support (up to a maximum of 8Mbps). We are changing the up to 2Mbps packages to become up to 8Mbps through April, so you won't need to change packages to see a faster speed.
Midville
Grafter

Quick MaxADSL question

Info here Dave, from Usertools:

Code: NEASG
County: North Yorkshire

Upgrade Status
Good News, BT have finished enabling this exchange for Max DSL products.
Products will be available from 31/03/06.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Quick MaxADSL question

Ah, the exchange went Green in the last update input today, but we can't place any orders before 31st March.
Midville
Grafter

Quick MaxADSL question

Thats not fair ....... Cheesy
N/A

Quick MaxADSL question

Great, thats what i was hoping to hear Smiley Thanks guys, I wasnt expecting exact dates, just wanted to know approximately which i have got.

Thanks again Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quick MaxADSL question

Info here Dave, from Usertools:

Code: NEASG
County: North Yorkshire

Upgrade Status
Good News, BT have finished enabling this exchange for Max DSL products.
Products will be available from 31/03/06.

As you are on 2MB Premier and you only joined Plusnet in Oct 2004 you are not going to be anywhere near the front of the queue.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Quick MaxADSL question

Jelv,

I think this is going to be a big worry for many people and think many more posts along the lines of "How long till im upgraded" are yet due to arrive.
I know Ian was wanting to check on the possibility of a queue jump method by means of paying £14.99 like with the 2mb service, but im not sure how this is going.

Regards,