Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Jumpers before PAYG on MAXDSL- FAO Plusnet Staff

apollo1
Grafter

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=2421042

Looks like just because you are PAYG (like me) doesn't mean the queue jumpers will be behind you.

I asked PN about queue jumping and they said don't bother as PAYG is first, seems from this i should ask for a queue jump anyway!

Gray
72 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

For what good it will do I booked my queue jump when I first spotted Ian's post
shellsong
Grafter

I shall wait until my turn-- if enough lemmings have leapt off the cliff ahead of me I might have a softer landing! :twisted: Then again if enough time elapses i might have a more congenial life in a different state of Be-ing! Wink
apollo1
Grafter

well i have had 2 billing dates pass and no maxdsl update, is this part scrapped now? as i PAYG customer, am i in the queue already and billing dates dont count??

confused.....

Gray
N/A

Difficult to say, customers were last told that PAYG customers were being done before queue jumpers and when asked PlusNet said there was no point submitting a queue jump resquest if on a PAYG account. This now appears to have changed at the whim if someone and has not been communicated to customers.
So... there's probably not a lot of point even trying to keep up with current policy, it's bound to change again next week. Customers will be upgraded at some point over the coming months and you'll be grateful when you get it. *sigh*
apollo1
Grafter

FAO PLUSNET

Plusnet could you answer these questions

A : Are PAYG users possible to queue jump? (see my first post)

B : Do Billing dates matter any more?

C: How many PAYG users have been submitted yet?

Gray
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: FAO PLUSNET

C: How many PAYG users have been submitted yet?

Saying how many PAYG users there are may be considered commercially sensitive. But I can't see what the problem would be with saying the percentage of PAYG users who have had been submitted.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

The problem might be that in reality the figure is a fat ZERO?

Didn't James Bailey say that he thought they would use the bulk upgrade tool "Early this week"?
N/A

I wish all you guys moaning about maxdsl update would STOP !
Plusnet are doing all they can to get everyone regraded to Maxdsl but with thousands of customers its a slow process.
I personally havent been regraded yet but I am happy with 2mb.

Keep up the hard work Plusnet.

Thanks, Sam
N/A

The BT Bulk Regrade Tool was supposed to have been rolled out last week but may well have been delayed.

Sam, I agree that it isn't a huge deal for many when they are upgraded but there are two important things to consider. Firstly, some people have been paying for the faster speeds for a year now. Secondly, PlusNet have consistently assured customers orders are being placed in a certain way, then changed their minds within days (or even hours) and often staff have contradicted each other. These are the real problems are annoying many customers.
N/A

I'm on PAYG since 2002
Saw the Q jumper thingy so on the belt & braces rule got my Q-J request in at 2006-04-21 15:10:10 (immediately after my LLU opt-out Smiley ) .

My Migration was confirmed: 2006-04-26 00:03:22.
Order Placed with eCo : 2006-04-26 00:03:31
Migration due on the 4 May 2006.

So something works!
N/A

Indeed,

The tool and its functioning is solely down to BT. However it is as sietchtabr said sam. It may be BT fault as far as the tool goes but its Plusnets Fault if they cannot communicate with their customers. Its even more Plusnets fault if they deem it necessary to Lie ( or "Tell Porkies" for want of a better word( s ) ) in order to get by on a daily basis. Isnt one fo the first things you learn as a child that telling lie's always comes back to haunt you?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

The bulk regrade tool was rolled out last week and we submitted our first orders with it last week. Orders submitted via the bulk regrade tool are processed by BT Wholesale at the beginning of the following week and take up to 5 working days before the regrades are completed, so we are expecting the first regrades we submitted last to be completed at the end of this week/beginning of next week.

The way in which the bulk regrade tool works is each ISP is given a number of regrade slots each week. This number is different for each ISP and determined by market share.

If any ISP chooses not use all of its slots then BT will spread those slots around the remaining ISP's so as to ensure the maximum number of slots is filled each week. The way this is done is the ISP's send in a list of the customers for their slots and a list of reserves in case there are any extra slots available that the other ISP's.

The order which we are placing/have placed orders is

1. Up to 4/8Mbps accounts
2. PAYG
3. Queue jumpers
4. Up to 2Mbps accounts

So it shouldn't make any real difference whether as a PAYG customer you put a queue jump request in or not, but it can't do any harm because you may end up on a reserve list and get lucky because AOL or Wanadoo or whoever decided not to place any orders that week.
gladman
Grafter

Thank you for the further information Dave.

Since I believe that it was indicated indicated earlier that 4/8M regrade requests had been completed before the bulk regrade tool became available, does this mean that the processing of the PAYG queue has already been started last week?

At what point in this process is the customer notified about the submission of a regrade request?

best regards,

Brian Gladman
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

As far as I PAYG orders are in full swing, not sure about notification but would suspect later in the week when BT confirm the orders we've submitted and which (if any) of the reserves were done. Will check up on it.