cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about leaving.. :(

N/A

Due to the still unresolved latency issues in online gaming i'm seriously thinking of leaving, i'm still a bit undecided. Sad

I'm currently on the 2Mbit Premier account and have been with Plusnet for over 2 years.

So:-
a) Would it cost me anything to leave?
b) Once i got my MAC could i give it to my new ISP right away and so moving ISP would only take a week or so?
c) As i currently have £4 off in referrals I presume i will lose these if i left but came back to Plusnet at a later date?
d) Will my email be kept active and can u still log in to the site with your username/pw to view email, post on the forums etc?

TIA
8 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

(a) Going by your join date i would say no.
(b) Yes
(c) Referrals are only applicable to subscription accounts, so yes you would lose these.
(d) If you ask for your account to be downgraded to a PAYG dial account then yes this should be possible
N/A

Thanks for the rapid reply Mark. Smiley

btw I joined in January 2004 on the Easystart package originally.
LiamM
Grafter

Ask for your account to be downgraded to PAYG and the referrals will still be logged against your account. If you then 'come back' (i.e. reupgrade back to Broadband) then the referrals will remain.
N/A

Cheesy

By PAYG you mean the free dialup PAYG account?
LiamM
Grafter

Yeah, sorry.
N/A

Would the PAYG dial email account be accessible from any ISP? i.e. could I send and receive in outlook using another ISP?
N/A

MAC requested. Cry
Community Veteran

Would the PAYG dial email account be accessible from any ISP? i.e. could I send and receive in outlook using another ISP?

Yes, as long as you use the other ISPs outgoing SMTP sever to send. Accessing POP3 accounts is possible from any ISP connection, it is only sending that is restricted to the ISP's SMTP server.