cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions/Tickets - problem

boavon
Grafter

My outstanding ticket/question has been closed - not by me. Trouble is any attempt to look at the closed questions causes IE to crash with a not responding problem. Anyone else suffering?
10 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've not seen any other problems like this and just tried it out with IE7 and seems OK. At exactly what point does it crash and does it give any error message at all?
boavon
Grafter

Just checked my e-mail and the following message is shown:-

We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support
Centre has now closed Question number [ 21250288 ].

The following comment was added to the Question
The broadband fault has now been closed. Should problems re-occur, please restart the Broadband Fault Checker

Now, if and when PN fix the problem of me being able to view my old question - I will let this forum see. Simply because, I went through the route of BB fault checking - to which I knew there was no problem. Then I was getting rather stroppy complaining about the poor speeds and asking precise questions to which I got little response. I was just about to start formal complaint procedures under the terms and code of practice. Is that why I cannot get at my old question - or is it simply a matter of getting the outstanding questions statistics down? I'm not happy. I do not want to start a new question OR restart BB fault checker - I want my old question restored as an open question.
boavon
Grafter

Using IE6 on a WIN98SE platform - don't laugh - I'm on my way to VISTA.
It crashes insofar as it sticks as soon as I ask to view the closed questions. The 3 fingered solute - not quite Task manager remember in WIN98SE - simply records the page as not responding. No alternative but to End Task. Have even re-booted machine and still the same thing - 4 times now. A simple solution for the time being would be to restore my question as an open one.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Whilst there shouldn't be any problems using the portal with IE6 on Windows 98 I can't guarantee that it will work, the operating system is now obsolete so there may well be compatibility problems.

Looking at the actual ticket the best thing I can advise doing is to raise a new one as it has been closed and once a ticket is closed it cannot be re-opened.
boavon
Grafter

Thanks Dave. (I think) Smiley
No problems in the past viewing old questions - something has happened. Not a question therefore of incompatability.

I will raise 2 questions - 1 on this subject and the other about closing my previous question.

BTW I do not accept that once a ticket is closed it cannot be re-opened. I do accept however, that it may not be policy to do so. Anyway, I was asking for it to be re-stored - not re-opened. I have been in IT long enough to suggest that this should simply be a matter of either setting an indicator to the correct setting (open) and/or restoring an archived record(s).
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

The way the ticket system is designed is that once a ticket is closed there isn't a facility to re-open it, whilst in theory you could re-open it by changing the appropriate flag within the database there isn't a tool to actually do this, same with editing a ticket once it's been submitted, once done the only way of changing it is for one of our database administrators to edit it direct on the database (the only times we'd so this is if a customer entered sensitive information like a credit card number in a ticket).
boavon
Grafter

So you have a lousy ticket system! I guess I cannot raise a RFC. Will you? After all it would save all those database admin folk a lot of work! :lol:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Using IE6 on a WIN98SE platform - don't laugh - I'm on my way to VISTA.

The PC I've handed on to my daughter is running WIN98SE - I'll try looking at my closed tickets on that tomorrow.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
boavon
Grafter

Thanks for the offer Elvin - but no need to worry now!

I owe an apology to Dave Tomlinson also. Shockedops:

Turned out that I was just being too hasty and impatient. If I asked to see those that were 28 days old - no problems and of course got at the one I wanted anyway. Went onto something else - then I thought funny!!! So, tried again to view all closed tickets. Same symptoms as before - but this time rather than end the non-responding task - knowing it would close all my other browsers - I went onto something else. Then when I got round to opening the window again - they were all there to see. I suspect this is just another victim/symptom of the speed problem. Clearly, there was a lot of data to download and render.

On the previous occassions the progress bar at the bottom had got to almost full - giving an appearance it was nearly finished - but then just stuck there for what seemed an age and the not-responding message.

Oh well - another evening wasted all because of speed probs.
N/A

closed question

i raised a ticket about slow speed and my ticket was cosed not by me.had a email from pn about my slow speed during feburary. that i can get a months refund but no one responded to my question after i clicked on link. i been getting 250kbs speed for as long as i can remember things do seem to have inproved.