cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re. Surf under connection settings in My Account

N/A

Hi!

I couldn't find anything on the forum regarding the function "Surf". On the web page its says

"Worried about bandwidth-hungry applications such as peer to peer (P2P) software or binary newsgroups being used on your account? Then activate the Surf option. With Surf turned on you can still access the web, chat, email and play online games but access to P2P and binary newsgroups is restricted – giving you security and added peace of mind."

Does it mean that it will restrict P2P etc. all the time or just peak hours? And what kind of restriction?

I do download stuff off P2P and I was hoping that maybe PN had some kind of tool which I could say: block all P2P from my connection between the hours of 8AM and Midnight (as I don't particularly trust the accuracy of the clock on my computer).

Thanks
2 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

When the Surf option is enabled no P2P traffic will work on your connection. If you want to use P2P you would need to manually disable this on the portal (then maybe a reboot of your adsl equipment. Can't remember if thats necessary or not).

Is that any help?

Phil
N/A

Is that any help?

Phil

Thanks Phil. That is what I thought it might do. Was hoping PN might have such a tool to control my P2P traffic at peak hours, saving me from finding a little proggy.