cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about service options...

N/A

Hello there.
I'm a new user here at PN, and I would just like to know if I can change the log in username... In example: 123@plusdsl.net to 321@plusdsl.net. I don't seem to find any option that allows me to do this.
Regarding the service... Well, it took a while but I'm online now, ehehe.

Tiago Valerio dos Santos
10 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there. . .

Once your ADSL service is installed, its very hard to change your username, as it involves cancelling the account you currently have, setting up a new one an then transferring your existing details to the new account.

Your ADSL username is only used when connecting to the internet, so no one else see's it. Hope this answers your query.

Best Regards
Andrew Moxon
Plusnet Support Team
N/A

Well, but the question is that I would like to use another domain name... Not anything@mybrothersname.plus.com. I was hoping I could do something like anything at company.plus.com for use of the website and mailboxes... bThat way I wouldn't have to buy anotherdomain name.
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

Unfortunately, as Andrew said above, changing the username on an existing account is not possible - you have to cancel and sign up again (which is a painful process on ADSL). The reason is that the username is the internal identification we use for your account - like you account number on your Gas bill.

I would recomend a domain name as you can then have anything you want.

Regards,
N/A

And that means I would have to pay for activation once again... Right?
Well, it wasn't what I had in mind when I signed in, to have all mailboxes ending with that name, but... I should have read the instructions more carefully.
Thanks guys...

Tiago Valerio dos Santos
Community Veteran

If your wanting to change your email address is just for email / web purposes then you could just signup a free account with the address of your choice and use that.

Chris
N/A

And what is the download limit? How much will it cost me if I use more than that? I don't need to pay phone by the time I spent online, do I?
These questions may seem stupid, but there isn't really that much information on the portal, or at least I couldn't find it.
Thank you.

Tiago Valerio dos Santos
Community Veteran

It won't cost you anything. As long as you are connected through your ADSL you won't pay anything extra for the free account.

Chris
N/A

I mean even if I use a P2P, I don't have a download limit..!?
Thanks in advance.

Tiago
Community Veteran

Your peer2peer would still go through your ADSL account, but in either case there are no download limits, with the exception of ADSL home surf in which case you cant use p2p.

Chris
N/A

Well, that's nice, isn't it.

Cheers,
Tiago valerio dos Santos