cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about my Contract ...

N/A

Hi. I've got a quick query which I'm hoping someone can help with. I am in the process of moving from PN to Sky - I got my MAC key (very quickly - thank you PN) and then, miracles of miracles (she says, trying NOT to burst into song! :lol: ) got straight through to Sky and passed the info along.

Now - my billing date with PN is around about the 14th. I've had a look at the t&c for leaving, but I can't find anything about how long they leave the line active for with themselves when migrating, only when cancelling (30 days from date of Notice). If it takes, say, 20 or more days for Sky/BT to do the migration, does that mean that plusnet will keep my line active until that point and just charge me for the extra days (or for another month?), or will they simply stop the connection at my next billing date?

I wasn't worried until I noticed a few people have ended up being disconnected from their old IP well before being reconnected to Sky - dial-up will be a nightmare!
10 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

You'd roll in to a new billing month. After you've migrated to Sky, append it to the ticket and ask for a refund for the unused days.
vic_newey
Grafter

What happens if someone migrates to cable & presumably doesn't take a mac code with them?
csogilvie
Grafter

You don't migrate to cable - you need to actually cancel the contract, which, I guess is 30 days from the date you raise the ticket. So, if my understanding of all this is correct, you are best to raise the ticket the day before your billing date.
N/A

I thought that when cancelling, the final payment taken would be pro-rated to ensure that you only pay for the 30 days notice period. (new xml cease tool anyone....?)

The reason this doesn't work the same for MAC requests, is that the date of migration is unknown at the time payment is taken, indeed its impossible to know if a MAC will actually be used until after it has been.

Its for this reason that full payment amounts continue until PN know you have moved when using MAC codes.
N/A

Thanks for that - fingers crossed then. (not sure what happened - I'd already replied once, but I've realised the reply has disappeared! Very weird.)
Mand
Grafter

I thought that when cancelling, the final payment taken would be pro-rated to ensure that you only pay for the 30 days notice period. (new xml cease tool anyone....?)

The reason this doesn't work the same for MAC requests, is that the date of migration is unknown at the time payment is taken, indeed its impossible to know if a MAC will actually be used until after it has been.

Its for this reason that full payment amounts continue until PN know you have moved when using MAC codes.

This is correct. However, we usually receive a report when a customer migrates to another ISP, and then can cancel their account/refund as appropriate.

We are not currently receiving this for Sky migrations, so I would suggest raising a ticket when the migration completes, we can then apply any refund necessary but more importantly prevent future overbilling.
N/A

Nice to know. I don't mind over-paying temporarily - I'd be more bothered if I ended up being disconnected, even if I wasn't paying for it! Wink

I take it there are no problems raising a ticket when I am no longer using plusnet for access?
Mand
Grafter

Nope, your account will still be active so you can raise tickets without issue.
N/A

Thanks. Cheesy
N/A

Hi - I was migrated on the 3 November - rather took everyone by surprise and it took a couple of telephone calls to work out what was going on, but the upshot is, I've just checked on my "Questions" page in My Account and it shows that the call was logged on the 3rd, and then on the 7th the account was converted to a basic dial-up payg for 60 days - do I still need to raise a ticket to sort out the part-month payment thing, or will it now happen automatically?

I'd just like to say, by the way, that the way that plusnet handled this migration, from start to finish, was very impressive - just a pity the rest of the service prior to that has been so abysmal! (although your telephone support line is absolutely bonkers! I just ended up going round in circles and either getting cut off without ever talking to a "real" person, or being told to check the website - not easy when you can't get online! - suffice to say I was getting just a little annoyed with it all!).