cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about leaving

N/A

Question about leaving

I have been with plusnet just over a month and have not been satisfied with the service but am put off leaving due to the deferred activation fee I will have to pay.

However, I have just read the following and am wondering if this means that I won't have to pay anything should I leave while still within my 45 days. Perhaps somebody would be kind enough to clarify this. I am on BB+ , already had my own modem and chose the monthly contract with deferred activation feel..

We're sure that you'll be delighted with broadband from PlusNet. If you're not completely satisfied, we'll pay for you to leave.

PLUSNET GUARANTEE

All of our broadband products come with a unique guarantee: if you're new to PlusNet, you'll get a relaxing 45-days to experience our broadband service to find out if it's right for you. If you're not completely satisfied during this time, we'll pay for you to change to another broadband provider.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Question about leaving

I think you just need to pay £14.99 migration fee. someone correct me if i'm wrong... Cheesy
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Question about leaving

The PlusNet guarantee will allow someone to be released from an annual contract however the deferred migration charge of £14.99 will need to be paid in full.
tcs2000
Grafter

Question about leaving

I think you just need to pay £14.99 migration fee. someone correct me if i'm wrong... Cheesy

If you are correct then that's a contradiction of the Plusnet guarantee!

"If you're not completely satisfied during this time, we'll pay for you to change to another broadband provider"
N/A

Question about leaving

tcs2000,

That statement refers to any outbound migration fee, that the new isp may charge- not any inbound fee that Plusnet may have deferred.

It's covered in the terms & conditions:

Paragraph 4 covers the deferred inbound migration fee:

4. ……We will waive any outstanding service contract term. However customers will still be required to pay any deferred hardware/activation costs outstanding.

Paragraph 5 covers any outbound migration fee that the new isp charges:

5. We will pay the lesser of:
a. £12.99 (Inc. VAT), or
b. the cost charged by your new provider for carrying out the migration.

http://www.plus.net/features/guarantee_terms_and_condtitions.shtml
N/A

Question about leaving

tcs2000,

4. ……We will waive any outstanding service contract term. However customers will still be required to pay any deferred hardware/activation costs outstanding.

That contradicts the guarantee though, plusnet really should word things better as their guarantee page is very misleading, even when you've read the full terms and conditions.

Alison
N/A

Question about leaving

If I were to take issue with one statement on the guarantee page, it would be "With nothing to lose, why not try us today?"

http://www.plus.net/features/customer_guarantee.shtml

There is something to lose in your case- the deferred inbound migration fee!
N/A

Question about leaving

Thanks for the replies. I've read and re read the terms and conditions and as I will have to pay the deferred fee, I can't afford to leave Plusnet within the guarantee period, bummer.

I just got an email this evening about the new speeds coming up in April (knowing my luck, my area will be the last to get the exchange upgrades! lol) so I am going to hang on until then and see what happens.

As I rarely do any p2p downloading, BB+ should be the ideal package for me, it's just the speeds are too slow and unfortunately it's a contention problem and not something that can easily be improved by all accounts.

The £19.99 payg package might suit me better but I am reluctant to upgrade with Plusnet as I don't trust them as a company, only been with them a month and have already lost trust, not good.

Oh well, will just wait and see, who knows, things may improve.

Alison

(What was that fat pink thing just flying over my head?)