cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Question

Community Veteran

Question about Question

Last Wednesday I went through the automatic broadband fault checker and my 'Question' was allocated the number 20129271.

Last PlusNet comment was "Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review" on Thursday around midday.

Since then, I've been posting details of what's been happening (sync speed ups and downs which appear to be related to weather conditions) but wondered how long I should do this for and how long I need to keep my router powered up and pingable 24/7.

Also, is it worth me raising yet another ticket with BT for a voiceline fault, as the line is still crackly despite them reporting on their fault checker each time that the fault has been 'repaired to my satisfaction', which I've never told them it has been? (I've not contacted them since I opened this broadband fault ticket.)
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
3 REPLIES
N/A

Question about Question

If you have a problem with the voice portion of your line, it is imperative that you get this repaired ASAP.
If your line is such poor quality that you can hear errors (crackling), it is virtually impossible that you will get a stable ADSL connection at a sensible speed from your line.

Speak with BT Customer Services in the first instance, and get them to sort the crackles. Once they are sorted, you should find that your ADSL improves dramatically.

If it doesn't, then thats the time to start dialog with PN to look at getting fault analysis done on the ADSL portion.
Community Veteran

Question about Question

I've tried with BT CS and they deny there's anything wrong.

The first time, they sent someone round to look at the wiring on the poles (at a different time to that indicated on the website, so we missed him). He apparently reported it was all OK and I was told via the phone to check with phone plugged into back of master socket which I did (still got crackles), only to find they'd closed the ticket.

Second time the lady I spoke to said she'd pass it on for the exchange engineers to look into. When I checked on the BT website, I discovered the ticket had been closed again at around the time she passed it on to them, despite them not contacting me again.

BT don't want to look further into it, which is why I raised it as a broadband fault instead. Their people on the phone say it must be something outside my house but the engineers don't seem to want the bother of investigating it.

The connection is really good when the weather is good - the fault only appears in wet'n'windy weather. I had stable rate of 4500 for several days before the end of the hot spell in July.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
N/A

Question about Question

I had a crackly line with BT that I just ignored for a short while until one day i kept getting disconnected from the internet with the "Line: Down" messages.

It seemed to resolve itself and all was fine until one day everything went away, adsl, voice line, everything. It did come back during heavy rain which lead me to conclude that a cable had become seperated somewhere and was being joined up by a little raindrop between my house and who-knows-where!

So i rang up BT, advised the line problem and they went away and had a fiddle then rang me back a week later to say that the problem was fixed. Although the line was still down so I have NO idea what they actually *DID* fixHuh?

After about 2 - 3 more weeks eventually I had a BT van arrive outside the house and after they replaced the cable from the house to the pole it all sprang back into life.