cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Migration

N/A

Question about Migration

Hello,

I requested my MAC code on the 17 december. My billing date is the 28th of each month. I have not actioned my MAC yet.

I want to migrate. If I give my MAC to the new ISP and it expires before the actual migration itself, what will happen or is it alright as long as the new ISP receive the MAC within 30 days?

Regards,
Mark
14 REPLIES
alankay
Grafter

Question about Migration

James
Grafter

Question about Migration

As long as your new ISP uses the MAC code before it expires, all will be fine.
N/A

Question about Migration

Thanks guys.

Two helpful answers Smiley

Mark
N/A

Question about Migration

Ok, another question:

When I migrate, about email addresses...

I have 5 mailboxes set up, if I get demoted to a PAYG dial-up account, I can keep these set up as is, correct?

Secondly, what do I need to do to keep these active. Is it just a question of logging on to the email server or do I need to physically dial up the internet connection to make that work?

Regards,
Liam
Grafter

Question about Migration

You'll need to access the account at least once every 180 days, and in order to downgrade to PAYG, you'll need to let the CSC know when your migration has completed that you want the account downgraded.
N/A

Question about Migration

What does access the account mean?

Log on to the emails from Outlook Express or dial up?
James
Grafter

Question about Migration

You should be able to keep the account active by accessing your email via Outlook Express or web mail.
N/A

Question about Migration

Sorry to dig up an old thread again. Actually, that's probably not as bad as making a new one. Anyway:

With the direct debit, do you just wait until the broadband has gone active with the new supplier and then cancel the direct debit and tell plus.net the transfer of the service has been successful and to please demote me to dial up for email address purposes?

Regards,
N/A

Question about Migration

You'll need to access the account at least once every 180 days, and in order to downgrade to PAYG, you'll need to let the CSC know when your migration has completed that you want the account downgraded.

Sorry to nitpick, but is this actually the case?

The T's and C's state 90 days, they also state that the account must be used to connect to the internet, rather than just accessing the mailboxes.

11.7 If you have a Narrowband PAYG account and you do not use this account to connect to the Internet for a period of 90 days or more, we may terminate your account and any associated email account(s) or products.

Even if PN are not following the T's and C's to letter in respect of what they *could* do, would it not be better to quote the threshold detailed in the legal section, rather than quoting what may actually be the case ATM?

Who knows? For example, if PN run short of storage on their mail platform, and start to shave the 180 days (accessing mailboxes) down to the quoted 90 days (accessing the net via dial-up) to free up some space.

I'm happy that the current situation is an example of PN delivering more than they committed to on one hand, but disappointed that subscription customers are suffering problems with the mail platform, whilst free users who are contributing nothing to PN are getting more than the commitment.

I think on reflection I'd prefer PN to adhere to this particular term, and remove the mail accounts for anyone on a free account who has not connected via it within the last 90 days. The extra space and reduction in traffic would benefit us all.

/end 2p
James
Grafter

Question about Migration

With the direct debit, do you just wait until the broadband has gone active with the new supplier and then cancel the direct debit and tell plus.net the transfer of the service has been successful and to please demote me to dial up for email address purposes?

Hi,

Once you have migrated out, we should (note "should") receive a Delta report form BT notifying us of your outbound migration. Once you have migrated out, just drop us a ticket, and we can refund/charge for any days due under the 30 day notice period.

Once that's happened, it's a sensible time to cancel the Direct Debit.
N/A

Question about Migration

OK, another question for you. I hope having to answer these isn't too annoying!

When does my MAC code expire? It was requested at 9.31pm 17th December and received at 2.40pm on 18th December.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Question about Migration

MAC keys are valid for 30 days from when they are issued, so one issued on 18th December will expire tomorrow.
N/A

Question about Migration

Ok. Migration was successful.

Please see this ticket: 21154777.
Mand
Grafter

Question about Migration

Evening Smiley

I've answered the ticket for you, good luck with the new ISP.