cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about MAC'ing out

N/A

Hi guys,

Well i am finally thinking of going so i have a question about MACs.

I signed up on the 12/09/2005 so i am now free to leave without any additonal payments. I want to time my leave spot on so i don't have to pay any extra to plusnet (ie having to pay the new provider and the old at the same time) so what should i do??

Get a mac code a couple of days before my next payment comes out and then use that with the new isp??

Thanks
3 REPLIES
N/A

Anyone? :roll:

It seems as though everyone has migrated out already.
N/A

You have to give 30 days notice which starts from when you request your MAC code. Your monthly payment will be taken in full on your normal billing date during your notice period. Once you have migrated to your new ISP you can then request a refund for the days paid for which are in excess of the 30 days notice period.

If you don't want to pay for two ISP's at the same time then it is best to arrange the migration date in the final days of your notice period. You therefore need to know how long it will take your new ISP to arrange a migration and use your MAC code accordingly. Therefore it is when you use your MAC code, rather than when you request it, which is the most important.

If you took advantage of the deferred activation fee and 'free' modem then you will still have an additional payment to be made:-

Want the detail? 'You stay we pay' explained.

For every year you stay with PlusNet we'll guarantee that the cancellation cost decreases. What does this mean? If you cancel within the first year, then you will pay £47 for the activation. For every year you stay we'll reduce this by £9.40. If you also choose to take a modem as part of the offer there will be an additional cancellation fee of £25 in the first year and this will reduce by £5 for each year that you stay.
N/A

Ah, thank you very much. Good info there, cheers! Cheesy