cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about ADSL Max

N/A

Question about ADSL Max

Well everything seems to report 2Mb now.

I mean that is acceptable, because my usage will probably change due to my lifestyle changes.

Could be worse, but 2Mb is fine. I'm probably only going to be living at my new address for 12-18 months anyway, so it's not that big a deal.

Would always be nice to get 8Mb though - it's just a bit unfair that I pay the same money for 2Mb as everyone else does for 5-6-7Mb...
4 REPLIES
N/A

Question about ADSL Max

Well

Just moved house, got the new phone line in, eventually (thanks BT)

When I did the ADSL Check yesterday, it says I could have 3.5MBs

now, it says only 2Mb

What gives, and is there any chance of getting any faster than 2Mb?

What a country Sad
Community Veteran

Question about ADSL Max

The checker is just a guide not a guarantee of speed. What speed you actually get depends on your line conditions. You will only find out once you are connected.

Note: There is 10 days of trailing so any speeds you see now may not be what you actually get atthe end of the trial and you can't raise any speed faults until the trial period has ended so you will have to be patient and wait.
N/A

Question about ADSL Max

Good Answer.

Thanks!

Bit gutted in a way - I moved out from Home for the first time on the weekend. If i'd stayed at home I could get over 6.5Mbps

Oh well!

To be honest, I think I'd rather live with my partner than worry about how quick the next Linux ISO is coming my way anyway...
Community Veteran

Re: Question about ADSL Max

What gives, and is there any chance of getting any faster than 2Mb?

What a country Sad

The BT guestimator reckons I will get no better than 512kb/s on MaxDSL, well I am always sync'd above 2800kb/s and 3400kb/s on a good day. There are too many factors BT can not take into account.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed