cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Again

N/A

Question Again

I added Credit Card details so I could upgrade my account to the 2mb (30gb per month) option. I got the following message :

'Your account type change can only be processed on a date when you are due to take a subscription payment, so we will process your request on 16/05/2005.

Any speed changes will then take 5-7 days to complete. These changes generally take place between 2AM and 6AM and generally result in around 20 minutes of downtime'

Does this mean my 2mb connection won't happen untill 4-5 weeks?

Thanks...
13 REPLIES
N/A

Question Again

iam guessing so - as it says your account type cant be changed untill ....... and what you are doing is changing your account. wether the new speed change happens then is another story
N/A

Question Again

Damn!!! I tried to upgrade on the 13th I think it was, but forgot about the payment details. !"£$%^& God hates me. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
N/A

Question Again

lol - well keep check on this post, as some one who actually knows whats going on with the upgrade process will be able to inform you about what will happen to your account and when you can expect this upgrade to take place :d
N/A

Question Again

Thank you.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Question Again

If your change is a downgrade, then it is scheduled to happen on your next billing date. This is to avoid any confusion with the billing or changes to the billing date.
N/A

Question Again

If your change is a downgrade, then it is scheduled to happen on your next billing date. This is to avoid any confusion with the billing or changes to the billing date.

So why when I applied to downgtade to Broadband Plus Yesterday, did this happen less than an hour later? My billing date is the 23rd. It also left me with no net access for 5 hours. A total cockup I would say. Do Plusnet actually know what thay are doing these days. I'm seriously considering moving to a different ISP as I am rapidly loosing confidence in this one!
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Question Again

Downgrades should be done on the next billing date, however it is possible for this to be manually overridden. I have made everyone aware that this is not to be done.
Community Veteran

Question Again

Woah!?!?

PN can perform downgrades without waiting for the next biling date, but this is not to be done?

So customers could start saving money sooner, but PN actively prevent this?

Am I missing something?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Question Again

It makes no difference as the change is done at the end if the period they have already paid for. Their next bill, if this is changed before on on the billing date will be for the new rate.

We do it this way to stop billing dates moving and causing confusion with billing.
Community Veteran

Question Again

Ah - so I was missing something - oops Shockedops:
N/A

Question Again

before Christmas sometime i upgraded to 1MB from 512KB. In the middle of my billing date. 5-7days later your account has between upgraded.

Charged £15
and also charged - £8 (£22 up £30)1mb = £30"back then lol"
£8 for the remainder of the month. Which was few dayz why not refund money for remainder of the month!!!

So how come you can't do the downgrade that way (like upgrades) :shock:

Suppose you lose money that way.!!

"sits at his desk in work tapping the table as he waits for excuses or bad reasons" :!:
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Question Again

If we process downgrades early either the billing date is changed or the customer ends up being overcharged for that month.
N/A

Question Again

yea but the upgrades work fine with out some1 being overcharged.

2 seprated bills :shock: you have your

normal bill of - £22 (for the month ahead)
in the middle of the month when my upgrade was done i got billed another £8
in my case as an example.

so surely if you can bill someone £8 in the middle of the month you could bill them a refund of £8 just as easy. if it was in a reverse situation. £30 - £22 month option.

seen as i got charge £8 for a few days.