cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query re MAC code and cancellation

N/A

Hi,

I asked yesterday in a contact form that if we decided to move away from Plusnet would there be any charges (been here for over two years now).

Had a reply saying that there are no charges involved for me and asked why we were considering leaving. I explained that we were considering looking elsewhere as plusnet doesn't offer the best value as we cannot get over 512 on the line.

Next thing I get through is the MAC code!!! It probably gave me the final push to actually change ISP's and I signed up with another ISP last night.

Now, as I didn't say that we were definitely cancelling our account do I have to give notice or does the MAC code automatically start off the 30 days notice?

Tracey.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

No it doesnt and even if you do choose to cancel you can always cancel your cancellation.

Post the ticket here (but remove the support agents names as its against the forum rules) and we can all take a look at the ticket and how it was dealt with.

Chris
N/A

Thanks Chris,

These are the original ticket and the replies:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I've been with plusnet for a little over two years. Can you tell me what charges would apply if I decide to migrate out to another ISP please.

Many thanks

Tracey.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mrs Eaglen,

there wouldn't be any charges to apply for your MAC code. Can i please ask why you are wanting to move to anoter service?
Regards,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You
Assigned : Hi

We're stuck at 512k, so at 21.99 plusnet is no longer value for money for us. Had we have been able to get the 1mb we wouldn't have looked at moving at all. We have a heavily gaming teenager in the house so it would not be suitable to drop down to the plus account rather than the premier. He is also suffering from bad P2P speeds, some of his games use this to patch the games.

Tracey.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer Support Centre Actioned :

Dear Mrs Eaglen,
your mac code has been created on ticket number ************
Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Community Veteran

Thats pretty bad I must say.

There's no customer service in the reply at all. Generating a mac code without reading the ticket or trying to address the issues is a waste of time. It also creates more questions with regards to cancellation (as you've shown before). Very bad and not very customer friendly.

Chris
N/A

Thanks Chris,

As I said before, it probably gave me the final shove to do something about a new ISP.

Do you think I should send a contact ticket in to officially say I am moving?

Tracey.
Community Veteran

I can imagine it was enough to 'push you over the edge'. You are probably best raising another ticket to confirm it otherwise you leave it open to another blunder.

Out of interest whats your average monthly usage? Maybe you'd do better on the payg account if you decide not to move.

Hopefully someone from PlusNet will pick up on this thread and maybe offer you a free month to stay Smiley

Chris
N/A

They would be too late Chris, migrated last night to another ISP.

We use up to 12GB per month, I can't remember it going over that.

We're only tied into a month with the other isp (and no fees for leaving after a month) so I'll give it a go - if it works out it will save us about five pounds a month and no capping or traffic shaping.

Might be back in a month :lol:

Tracey.
N/A

Enterprise 1701,

Getting your MAC code was the best favour they could have done you.
Credit where its due.

Tony
N/A

Wow, you managed to get one immediately without asking. I practically had to demand mine.

First I rang the customer support help line and (after waiting 15mins to get through and supplying passwords etc) was told I had to fill in the request via the web site. No requests for the reason from the CS guy on the phone. So I filled in..
--------------------------------------------------------

Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Account Change Request]
[Cancellation Request]
[ADSL - Post Activation]
[Cancellation Request]
[Outbound Migration Request]
[Unsatisfactory ADSL Service]
[Pipex Group]
[provide MAC key]
[Additional Information]
At the end of my one years billing period which I believe is 8/11/05

Actioned : Dear Mr Cook,
Please advise the reason for cancelling , also please advise if there is anything we can do to keep your custom.

Regards,
Link:CUAremoved--------------------------------------------------------

Assigned : I'm leaving because I don't approve of the new Ellacoya tiered system you have implemented. With the fair usage policy an e-mail was sent to all customers, with this it seems the only way you find out about it is by being affected and looking on the forums.

I believe (and I think my usage stats reflect this) that I don’t abuse my premier account status for downloads and yet this month, when I did want to download a lot of information (a game distribution via torrent) it took over three days when it should have been just overnight. Then subsequently, because it took three days to download, I'm showed as having Peak Time downloads of 2gb+ during that period.

Therefore, I'm using my feet to show my dissatisfaction in the best way possible.

Please supply my MAC as requested.

Regards
Lee

Please advise on the ISP you are looking to move to so that we may action your request.

Regards,
Link:CUAremoved

Assigned : Please stop putting this MAC request to awaiting action on me when you have all the information you need to complete the request.

The ISP I'm most likely to move to is already in the original request (filled in via your automated system) as 'Pipex'. I believe the fair usage policy they have in place is better for me (and probs around 99% of your other users who have had there service throttled because of a blanket policy) and because I'm paying £29/month the price difference isnt going to be that big.

Here is your Mac key (Your MAC key is: Huh??)
Please give this reference number to your new ISP in order for them to migrate your service away.

Please let us know the ISP you are moving to.
Thank you for your custom.

Regards,

Assigned : Thank you for the MAC code.

With respect to the provider I intend (can't sign up till you have the MAC code) to move to its:
(From the original request): [Pipex Group]
(and from the follow-up request): ... system) as 'Pipex'. I believe the ...

This is the third time I've provided it.

Regards
Lee

Assigned : [Internal] Please note migration out.

Regards,

Got there eventually.
Cheesy

[Moderator's note by (pcsni): CSA names removed.. Do not post these details. It is against the rules ]
N/A

Always knew I was special :lol: :lol:

Best wishes

Tracey.
N/A

Thanks, I'm waiting till tomorrow to use my shiny new MAC when sales open on the service I'm moving to.

I messed up (again) and just posted the full tickets.

Lee
N/A

Similar thing happened to me. I put in a ticket asking about cancelling. Next thing I knew PlusNet were on the phone asking why I wanted to leave. After a difficult conversation I was issued with a MAC code even though I hadn't requested one.

Later when I spoke to PlusNet about the exact date when I would finish the customer service person could not believe that a MAC had been issued when I had not requested one.
N/A

Got my mac code easily, rasied a ticket at around 7:00am one morning and after a couple of tickets back and forth basically asking why i was leaving and that i would have to pay the deferred activiation and modem costs my mac key was issued, all inside the space of 40 minutes.
I just said i was sick to death of the constant changes to the service and i just couldn't keep track of it all as i felt that they was making the rules up as the go along.