cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about ADSL & Domains

tim_fenton
Grafter

Query about ADSL & Domains

I was on the verge of confirming my upgrade from Connect to ADSL but I chickened out because I'm not sure if I will have to pay extra £1 for my domain...

On the "My Domain Names" it states that the domain is "registered and hosted"

Do I have to pay an extra £1 a month for this or not I didn't find the explanation in the upgrade process very clear.

Thanks in Advance, Tim
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Query about ADSL & Domains

> I was on the verge of confirming my upgrade from Connect to ADSL but I chickened out because I'm not sure if I will have to pay extra £1 for my domain...
>
> On the "My Domain Names" it states that the domain is "registered and hosted"
>
> Do I have to pay an extra £1 a month for this or not I didn't find the explanation in the upgrade process very clear.
>
> Thanks in Advance, Tim

Hi Tim,

The domain you currently hold on your account was registered as the free domain that is included with the account. This has to be kept on the account for a year, as you are upgrading to an ADSL account which doesn't have a free domain included you have two options:

You can have the domain as the included domain that comes with the ADSL account for £1 per month, this would then mean that all future renewals for the domain would be covered by us. The other option is to pay the registration cost for the domain of £52.88, this would then negate the need to pay £1 per month for the included domain after you upgraded to ADSL however you would need to cover any future renewal fees yourself.

I hope this is clear however please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support..................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

tim_fenton
Grafter

RE: Query about ADSL & Domains

Absolutely clear and I will now go to the upgrade page!

Thanks, Tim