cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quarantined attachment release-then-jail cycle

kazket
Dabbler

Can anyone at Plusnet release a quaratined attachment. I have tried the Help Assistant for over a week and the email keeps being released.... then quarantined again immediately. I have no way of getting this attachment at the moment as PN keeps grabbing it and putting it in 'jail'.

Can someone who knows what they are doing please help? I need this attachment for a student research project. It is an .exe file, and I am perfectly aware that it might have all manner of evils encumbent with it. That is my 'business', not that of Plusnet, I believe. I have adequate virus protection locally, thank you!

The file has been released at least four times now, and I am fed up with the insanity of the release-quarantine cycle.

Can one of you zip the link:censored attachment please, or is this one step beyond the Plusnet team?

Keith

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Attempt to bypass the swear filter removed link:rules ]
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I doubt that PlusNet customer server can access your e-mail to “zip” up the attachment for you and even then the virus scanner will spot the zipped exe and place it back into quarantine.

I often have to send e-mails to clients where their e-mails systems will not allow “exe” files. My solution is to use winzip to uuencode the file, this turns it into 7bit plain text. Once they receive it winzip will open it.

Have you tried disabling PlusNet’s virus service, then trying to have the message un-quarantined.

Chilly
Community Veteran

PN should be able to resent your quarantined email bypassing the filters.

Can you post your ticket number (PM me if yu like) and I will make enquiries via PUG.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I wonder if you could turn off virus checking, then when you start to see emails come in without the added footer, request the release.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kazket
Dabbler

Thanks for the swift replies and good advice, guys!

The main problem is that the sender is now in the middle of Australia (literally) and this is the only email I'm likely to get...!

PN will have to release the attachment or I've got big, big work to do...!!

I'll turn off the virus checking and PN you Peter (much appreciated, BTW) with the Support Info as soon as I can.

Thanks again all,

Keith