cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

N/A

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

I'm curious as to who will/has paid the £14.99 charge to have an immediate upgrade to 2mb (or fastest supported speed). Personally I am far too impatient to wait, and have my regrade on the way within the next few days.
52 REPLIES
N/A

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

I've paid to q-jump. It's not so much that I'm impatient, as I would have waited for a couple of weeks, as that's what I originally thought it would take. But on hearing some won't take place till June I just knew that my exchange would be later rather than sooner. With some of my friends on other exchanges already upgraded I decided to take the plunge. Cool
N/A

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

I've paid to queue-jump.

Put the order in at 2pm on Monday 4th April. Hasn't been upgraded yet Sad Although it does say allow5-7 days I was kind of hoping to get lucky and have it completed over-night :roll:

It'll be interesting to hear from people who have paid and how long it takes to be upgraded. Anyone been lucky yet?
N/A

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

i've que jumped 2, i thought i may as well do it at the same time as i change package. - i was gonna pay to move 2 2mbit anyway so i thought what the heck, why wait

frist attempt failed Sad so its been manually put though again after a woosh test suggested my line was ok for it. Fingers crossed
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

Hi,

In about 2 weeks we'll have a timescale we can publish so you'll have a rough idea of when your exchange will be done over the next few months.

Regarding the q-jump regrades it depends really, some will be done next day but some will take the full 7 days. We can't really say which will be done when, it'll depend on volume, capacity at the exchange, time the regrade is input.
Community Veteran

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

By that then would it be wise to suggest that anyone considering que jumping do it sooner rather than later?

I can imagine when a timescle is posted, and many see that their exchange is not due for some time, there may be a huge influx of manual regrades requested, possibly pushing them all back to 7 days.?

Just a thought...
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

Most of the work for the regrades now is done automatically both on our side and BT's so I don't think it will make much difference in the lead times. The regrade system is pretty good at the moment at getting most through quickly.
N/A

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

I decided to queue jump today as I'm in the back of beyond and can't believe that my exchange will be done soon. Given this, I anticipate the full 7 days wait to get up to speed.
csogilvie
Grafter

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

I answered "Free Upgrade" but I suspect it may depend on when my Exchange is due.
N/A

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

I am in a similar mind as csogilvie and I am waiting for free upgrade, however my next billling date is not until the end of the month so will wait until then to decide and impliment my FUP choice and hope the exchange details email has been released by then......but its so tempting to hit that upgrade button. :?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

I jumped the queue a week or so ago suspecting that my exchange will be nearer the end of the list than the beginning, but you never know. As I said before hopefully we can least give you a guideline later this month to help.
N/A

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

I paid the £14.99 some time back to get 2Mb, dont consider it queue jumping though. I wanted it so I paid for it. I made the request on a Friday night and it was done over the weekend.
I had to visit somebody a while back and I made use of their PC, it had one of those quaint steam powered dial up connections. Was it really that slow, sheesh, how did we put up with it ?
holdtight
Grafter

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

I answered "Free Upgrade" but I suspect it may depend on when my Exchange is due.

Yes me too Colin !
like you say when the list is finally outed it might be a different story
Community Veteran

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

I've just used the tool to check my exchange status and found that its VP's (Virtual Paths) are now showing red. Sad
The date given for the fix to this is not until the end of this month so it looks like I'm scuppered for an upgrade by any means before the end of April Cry
jagger
Grafter

Q-Jump or Free Upgrade

Unlucky John Cry
I'll be waiting anyway,voted.

(skint)