Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puzzled!

Del
Grafter

Puzzled!

Smiley Hi All,

Don't know if anyone can explain what happened with my dsl connection but here goes.

Yesterday I looked at my Router Status (Netgear DG834v2) and it showed I was connected through Ppppoe instead of the usual pppoA which certainly puzzled me.

Having been put on MaxDSL 8 or 9 days ago I decided to reboot my Router for the 2nd time today and on running Setup Wizard the thing then asked me to manually put in the server address and so forth which I did not know having used the Wizard thing to connect everytime I've previously rebooted my Router, I then rebooted it another twice and second time round so to speak the Setup Wizard ran and detected the settings.

I now see I'm connected with pppoA and not Ppppoe, does anyone know if it matters which of those settings are used to connect to MaxDSL or why on earth would my Router connect from one to the other on it's own.

Cheers.

Del
7 REPLIES
N/A

Puzzled!

How spooky is that?

I've had connection issues all day (couldn't connect even though I had a valid ADSL connection), and afetr reading your posting I looked at my router settings and - BAM! - mine was also set to PPPoE :?

Is this just a fluke? Thnuder-storm related? Have BT / PN been "involved"
passer
Grafter

Puzzled!

So are you now connecting through ADSL OK (existing problems excepted)?
Del
Grafter

Puzzled!

brandon2, Yes I seem to be connecting through normal encapsulation (pppoA) but the strange thing is when I was connected through Ppppoe things looked OK.
N/A

Puzzled!

neither bt nor pn can change a setting on your router.

IT's either human error or router wierdness.
Del
Grafter

Puzzled!

Smiley Hi Sarah,

:roll: I'd opt for Router Wierdness in this case.

Del
N/A

Puzzled!

So are you now connecting through ADSL OK (existing problems excepted)?

Yes thanks, but as you say, with "existing problems excepted" Wink
N/A

Puzzled!