cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provision of important announcements - March 29th

dmhome
Grafter

Why are these announcements not emailed to all customers or at least highlighted on the Members' Page. I do not visit the forums very often( and I am sure many other customers do not) and I get very annoyed that this is the only place that they are detailed.

It just happened that I had a few minutes to spare and decided to check comments otherwise I would have been ignorant of these major changes.

Come on Plusnet Net, have a more responsible method of informing customers about major changes!!
9 REPLIES
N/A

Theres a newletter emailed to people

+ the latest announcement isnt the offical press release either. its just a this is whats going to happen. more detials to folllow
JonathanW
Grafter

These changes are being emailed out to everyone, currently as part of the latest edition of the PlusNet news letter. This started sending earlier this evening and will take five to six days to complete. We're also be ensuring that people who have opted out of receiving this will be informed.
ceridwen
Grafter

What PN have given us so far is a "pre-announcement" (that is the word used in the title).

They haven't actually announced any new products yet - just given us (i.e. those who are active on the forums) a preview of a (near final) draft of a planned announcement.

This gives us the chance to comment, question, query and criticise the draft announcement before it goes out to everyone, and also PN the chance to fine tune the announcement and even the product details prior to the announcement.

This (IMHO) is better than the situation this time last year when badly worded announcements went out (without even the user group seeing them first), which were then quickly followed by mass maillings of clarifications, corrections and retractions.

Some haven't realised that the "pre-announcement" is a pre-announcement although given phrases like "pre-announcement", "This is pre-release of information", "It should be clear however that nothing here can be regarded as ‘official’, until Press Releases are made and our websites updated", etc. I'm not entirely sure what PN could do to highlight this point..

Matthew
N/A

They haven't actually announced any new products yet ...

The mass announcement to the customer base has started- there's a copy of the newsletter in this ADSL Guide thread.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

They know that as soon as copies start going out someone will post a copy. Why they don't put a copy on-line in all it's html glory as soon as it starts going out I don't know!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
LiamM
Grafter

I wonder if there would be any worth in setting up a mailing list that people could sign up to to receive announcements that are posted in the announcements forum on the boards. These often don't make it to Service Status.
Neil_A
Grafter

Why they don't put a copy on-line in all it's html glory as soon as it starts going out I don't know!

Good point. And funny you mention it as we're going to be adding a new section to the website in a couple of weeks that will hold all the newsletters, product announcements and in the future (hopefully) a blog from some of our staff which some people in this forum have suggested would be a good idea.
LiamM
Grafter

They know that as soon as copies start going out someone will post a copy. Why they don't put a copy on-line in all it's html glory as soon as it starts going out I don't know!

Plusnetters do. As per the last one :

http://www.plusnetters.co.uk/portal/plus/jan06.html
dmhome
Grafter

As subject

What PN have given us so far is a "pre-announcement" (that is the word used in the title).Matthew

I know that it is a "pre-announcement" but it should have still been highlighted to the broader customer base.

Are you saying that those customers who do not spend hours reading these forums should be denied the opportunity to comment.

At the time I posted my comments I had not received the newsletter - I now have.

Thank you to Neil Armstrong,Plus Net- the decision to highlight major announcments etc on the Members Page of the website is excellent news.