cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proving the point!

N/A

Proving the point!

So to confirm the situation you lockout another post!
18 REPLIES
N/A

Proving the point!

ALIENS!!!

*weird music*

/me gets Moulder and Scully ...
crimsone
Grafter

Proving the point!

You appear to be guilty of a charge of incitement to paranoia (if there were such a thing)Cheesy. Please - just count to 10 for a moment. You've had a single post removed - that's all. Instead of complaining about it in the way you are, you may find another method more productive.

In the way that you wrote your post, I acctually agree with Chris. It may be more productive if you write a post that doesn't seem to be all about the specific issues talked about time and time again here in many threads, but instead, you could attempt to reword your post to more accurately and concisely pose the question you originally intended to ask (with regards to abuse of trust that is).
Community Veteran

Proving the point!

dinwoodi,

Please stop continuing to spam the forums with rubbish. If you've got a complaint about the moderators or just me, take it to PlusNet. I've already warned you about you conduct on the forums and if you insist on mis-using the forums you will have your access rights removed. Consider it a conspiricy I don't care. I just want the forums to return to normal and your disruption to cease.

Chris
N/A

Proving the point!

dinwoodi,

I just want the forums to return to normal and your disruption to cease.

Chris

well, u do have a tough job and I don't envy you, Chris....and I'm fairly sure it's a job (what with all the dissent in the ranks going on) you sometimes wish u didn't have! BUT hey, don't worry....all of us trouble makers (once paying customers!) will be out of here soon enough and you can delete new posts (or lock out or whatever u do) all over again I'm positive.

arhh, don't mean to sound like I'm being a wise guy mate but you (and your comrades) are being seen as the ultimate traffic warden at the moment, take another swig and a deep breath, who really cares what we think eh?
N/A

Proving the point!

You appear to be guilty of a charge of incitement to paranoia (if there were such a thing)Cheesy. Please - just count to 10 for a moment. You've had a single post removed - that's all. Instead of complaining about it in the way you are, you may find another method more productive.

In the way that you wrote your post, I acctually agree with Chris. It may be more productive if you write a post that doesn't seem to be all about the specific issues talked about time and time again here in many threads, but instead, you could attempt to reword your post to more accurately and concisely pose the question you originally intended to ask (with regards to abuse of trust that is).

OK

Plusnet sent out spurious emails deceitfully contrived to protray one message "time outs", which I have absolutely no problem with. Emeded within this is a weasle worded change of T&Cs. NOT ACTUALLY within the document , but is links to another document.

1. Plusnet cannot confirm that I received this change of contract.
2. Plusnet cannot confirm that I have read the document.
3. The relevant changes were not in the document sent, but in hyperlinks.
4. Plusnet cannot confirm that the links to the relevant links were available if i had read the document.

TAKE THIS TO A COURT OF LAW, I dare you.
crimsone
Grafter

Proving the point!

lol. Please don't make the mistake of thinking I support some of what plusnet has done. I'm not best pleased at my own connection troubles. However, that's not what this thread is about, and the original thread that started this appeared to be more about certain and specific issues than the question of trust (whether that was the intention or not. I don't believe it was.)

I only suggested that instead of flaming the moderators (who do a thankless and sometimes soul destroying task - for free with no added benefits - out of the goodnes of their hearts), it may have been and could still be a better idea to write the post with a more concise and accurate wording on the subject of the issues concerned, and not on the specifics of indivisual problems with connection and/or ToS that have already been discussed at great length.

As for daring me (and or anyone else) to take it to court, it comes accross as a little agressive and argumentative. I certainly agree with the thrust of your staement to a certain extent, but again, not with the way you've posed it to me, and certainly not in the sense that it is in fact off-topic to this thread.
N/A

Proving the point!

Good grief dinwoodi - think yourself very fortunate to have been allowed to post so much. I was banned for less!

As far as I'm concerned I was disatisfied with the ever deteriorating service from PN so I requested a MAC key and my migration is complete next week. Couldn't you do the same? Please don't gripe about how much it would cost to leave. A few people are doing that but, if you're so angry, pay the money and leave before it makes you ill. Try to recover your money in court if you really believe you can but go... go and be happy.

Regarding your last post though - YOU take it to a court of law. I dare you!
N/A

Proving the point!

dinwoodi,

I ust want the forums to return to normal and your disruption to cease.

Chris

Crickey, if all you wanted was how good [not] are plusnet, get employed by them, oops,oh, maybe thats your plan....

Forums are about discussion, approval, dissagreement. CONVERSATION.

You should not lock out someone because you do not like his opinions. This seems (to me) exactly what you are doing by locking down posts (not just mine).

Plusnet seem to me to be engaged in a policy to restrict their data subscribers to the benefit of the NEW CUSTOMERS they really want, which is VOIP customers. They seem determined to turn themselves into a TELCO.

IMO, they want to discard their data users (especially the heavy users) to make way for the the new VOIP bean.

Trouble is - it seems that their infrastructure cannot cope with both.

QED
N/A

Proving the point!

cimsome,

Being constructive myself for just a brief moment? if a discussion forum if not the place for posting one's personal feelings on a subject (general subject discussed previously in other threads or not) then what is the point of a discussion forum? you may blind me with perfect examples of why this is not or is the case but again if one's right is not to express *themselves* and *their* own experiences is it ay wonder subscribers to plus net are also feeling so let down at this time? I do have experience of being a moderator and admin on numerous forums, I would not moderate here, to me the policy +net employs and the way they argue their case (and their mods follow) with, let's not forget, people who contribute to their livelihood (+net staff) is not an affiliation I could sustain.

One thing I will add, if I was a new customer to PN and logged onto these forums I would be wondering what the hell I had let myself in for! I honestly don't think it will be long before PN close these Discussion forums and try and limit the mess they have found themselves in.
N/A

Proving the point!

As far as I'm concerned I was disatisfied with the ever deteriorating service from PN so I requested a MAC key and my migration is complete next week. Couldn't you do the same? /quote]
Yes, I have done.

This is the issue I have.

I did NOT agreed to the new T&Cs. I NEVER RECEICED THEM!. HOW CAN I AGREE TO THEM? Then I get scammed for my contract fees.

If this was ebay/M$ how would you feel.

I'm going to persue this through Small Claims...
N/A

Proving the point!

One thing I will add, if I was a new customer to PN and logged onto these forums I would be wondering what the hell I had let myself in for! I honestly don't think it will be long before PN close these Discussion forums and try and limit the mess they have found themselves in.

Well presented. My point exactly.
chymorva
Grafter

Proving the point!

Agreed. However I have just looked through your (up to now) 21 posts and they read more like "Argument, PN bashing and complaining". There is a difference between putting forward a reasoned argument and having an argument for the sake of it.

I have been a customer of PN for several years now and I agree with fa55dsl that the forums are not as useful a place as they used to be, because we have to wade through too much drivel and whinging to find the more constructive posts.
crimsone
Grafter

Proving the point!

Agreed. However I have just looked through your (up to now) 21 posts and they read more like "Argument, PN bashing and complaining". There is a difference between putting forward a reasoned argument and having an argument for the sake of it.

I have been a customer of PN for several years now and I agree with fa55dsl that the forums are not as useful a place as they used to be, because we have to wade through too much drivel and whinging to find the more constructive posts.

And that's my point exactly.

I'm sorry, what was the subject of this thread again?

I need not use "perfect examples". To put it simply, this is a support forum. In a support forum, it's common best practice to use an existing thread than to start on over the same issue as has already been posted numerous times before. As for expression of self, there's a line to be drawn between chaos and order, and it does require the locking down of similar posts sometimes. The other thing about expression of self is that it should be done within the scope of a forums rules and guidelines.

There are a great many threads on this forum containing negative questions and coments on plusnet service that are not locked, purely because they don't cross any of the lines. In expressing ones true feelings and/or views, it is still possible to write a post that speaks specifically on the issue concerned, and not on a range of issues that have been discussed a million times over already, and in a manner that follows forum rules and guidelines. It's all in the content and its wording. Would people be happy for a KKK member to voice his opinion on coloured people? I doubt that very much, and yet it's still an expression of self. Extreme though that example may be, a rule is a rule.

Please be aware also that this forum is unofficial - the moderation policy isn't set down by PN.

Anyways, This is all very good, but it's way off-topic. There are two topics going on here. One is on the subject of trust, and one is on the subject whether the moderation policy is proving to strict in the closing of threads - as I'm sure from the title that. it's evident that both of these subjects are in fact off-topic, it's pointless posting further, and so I'm going to sleep now.

Before I go though, please note that the very fact that this thread is still open (though due to it's off-topic nature, that may not be the case forever), this thread actually thoroughly DISPROVES the point.
N/A

Proving the point!

Does this not tell you something? HELLO!
If you want soley constructive posting you are all VERY Nieve.

Look at my profile. I've been with Plusnet for 5 years. I've recommended them to DOZENS of customers that HAVE followed my advice. Only two have been clued enough to nominate me as referals. Does it look like I've not been patient?

Recent changes are dramatic and enforced on a comunity, who have been unsuse to what they've signed up to.