cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proportionate billing over regrade period?

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Hi,

It hasn't changed, it is just the wording in the ticket. Have a look at the wording of the ticket for your most recent regrade request. This too suggests that your account will be changed on your invoice date. It was not though. When the account was changed by a CSC operative, the adjustments were made.

This didn't happen last time because you cancelled your regrade request before the changes took place.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

20 REPLIES
Officerdribble
Grafter

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I'm a 1 Mb Premier customer using a couple of gig per month. Naturally I'll regrade to the lowest Premier offering as soon as FUP becomes active. I'm not happy about the £14.99 charge for various reasons, not the least of which is that it must be clear what my requirements are from my monthly usage figures. Anyway...

In keeping with my natural tendency to enjoy good fortune, my billing date is the 10th of the month - and the regrade scheme starts on the 11th. Presumably I'll be billed £29.99 on the 10th, and on the following day I'll pay £14.99 to regrade. Will the charges for the remainder of the month (i.e. in its entirety minus 1 day) be recalculated to the 30 gig FUP rate, or will that £29.99 entitle me to another month of unrestricted usage (which I don't want) followed by my transferral to FUP in subsequent months? Obviously if it's the latter I'll be paying an extra +/- £8...

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Val.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Downgrades must be done on the day before the billing date, so unfortunately you will need to stay on the £29.99 level until the 9th of next month.

You can still request the downgrade before the 9th, it will then get scheduled to be actioned on the 9th.
N/A

thats not what i was told... may i suggest you plusnet staff have a meeting so you dont all make it up as you go along...? as someone doesnt know the correct answer to give...?........

my thread is here ....
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26052
N/A

so to add to this according to what i have been told catmint can change as soon as fup goes live.......as can anyone else... yes..? or like i say you make it up as you go......
N/A

I personally think PN have bitten off far more they can chew trying to organise an new FUP and Max DSL at the same time. Would it not have made more business sense (if slightly less financial sense) to get the MaxDSL out the way first then introduce the FUP?!?!?

This is the first real contact I've had with PN in about 6 years of being with them and they've handled the whole situation appallingly!!!
Officerdribble
Grafter

Hi,

Thanks for the input, buggybridgebarn.

Your thread seems to suggest very strongly that billing would be proportionate after regrade; however, it's become irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

I've decided to drop down to Lite this month. Frankly, it's the package I should have taken to begin with. I'll review the situation in subsequent months and upgrade if I feel I need extra capacity.

The way I now look at it, I'll claw back the £14.99 regrade fee in just one month (and definitely avoid an extra £8 payment).

Everything will be rosy as long as upgrades remain free - although the fatalist in me suspects that if I do eventually decide to take a 30 gig package a fee for doing so will be introduced the day before I put in my request. :?

Best regards,

Val.
N/A

a fee for doing so will be introduced the day before I put in my request
Surely you could never believe that PN would change things like that :shock: :lol:
chymorva
Grafter

You been in that knife drawer again, revroger ? :lol: :lol:
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

thats not what i was told... may i suggest you plusnet staff have a meeting so you dont all make it up as you go along...? as someone doesnt know the correct answer to give...?........

my thread is here ....
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26052

Downgrades and Upgrades are not the same thing.

Presumably I'll be billed £29.99 on the 10th, and on the following day I'll pay £14.99 to regrade. Will the charges for the remainder of the month (i.e. in its entirety minus 1 day) be recalculated to the 30 gig FUP rate, or will that £29.99 entitle me to another month of unrestricted usage

Your usage stats will be displayed in line with the FUP. My understanding is that it will not be enforced until your May - June billing period, so basically it is the latter option that applies in this situation. I have sought clarification on this today and will do so again early next week with the relevant departments. I am pretty sure this will be the case though.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

N/A

catmint... if i am not mistaken was talking originally of going from 29.99 to 21.99 per month... on 30gb fup......

so is a downgrade the same as my original topic was.... so whats this downgrade and upgrade not the same got to do with same thing...ie going down with fup....to lower cost.... i dont see upgrade mentioned in this topic....?

so for me to get an answer from a member of plusnet staff with my question and another member to answer a customer with a diff answer is not acceptable in my opinion..... does anyone else agree with me on this....?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

catmint... if i am not mistaken was talking originally of going from 29.99 to 21.99 per month... on 30gb fup......

Yes, this is how I interpreted it and I answered accordingly. ie he pays his normal £29.99 subscription fee on the 10th April. FUP for existing customers is launched a few days after that. He pays £14.99 to move to the £21.99 price bracket. His usage is not FUP enforced until his next billing date. This is how I currently understand it but I will clarify it early next week when all departments are back in the office.

... i dont see upgrade mentioned in this topic....?

Apologies, I misinterpreted a post in the linked thread and took it to be an enquiry about upgrading. I would like to add that downgrades with the Premier products are likely to be scheduled at the end of billing periods so as not to affect usage cycles.

so for me to get an answer from a member of plusnet staff with my question and another member to answer a customer with a diff answer is not acceptable in my opinion..... does anyone else agree with me on this....?

I'm sorry, but I cannot comment on this because I do not understand what you mean.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

N/A

ok ... well i have to mention ian in this now as he said (and its in my thread) you could downgrade from 39.99 to 21.99 cost.. at any time during the month.. and that instead of refunding the diff on that date... that the billing date would be moved to compensate as it was the only way your computers can do this... then another member of plusnet then gives a diff answer to catmint in this thread... so how do you think i felt when i read this ?? now dont you think that plusnet staff...are really confusing customers when its our hard earned cash that plusnet are playing with...and its no wonder there is so much confusion and unaswered questions escalating in these forums... if people were all given the same...."true" answer it would make it easier for all concerned.... its beyond belief really...
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there,

Our system still works like this, but imagine the following example:-

You change from £39.99 to £21.99 half way through the month. Your invoice date is moved ahead 15 days to reflect this. Now here's the problem. Your usage is sync'd with your billing cycle. That is to say, your usage is not reset until you are successfully billed.

In the above situation you would have one months usage spread over 6 weeks. You may exceed you fair usage/data transfer allowance which would result in headaches for everyone, requesting refunds moving invoice dates so on so forth. Given this, I suspect we will arrange such downgrades in a similar fashion to changing included data transfer on Lite accounts. ie Schedule the change for the day before a customer is next billed irrespective of when the change is requested via the portal.

The system is the same but the automated moving of the invoice date is not suitable for accounts with usage cycles.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

N/A

ok.... just one last thing then.... who are we supposed to believe is telling us the correct info we need... when you are conflicting with each other.... if someone doesnt know the answer they should find out from someone who does... even at the top if ness.... so plusnet staff know the true answer to give....not think this or think that in their own minds.... i rest.