Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the RIN network?

wisty
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I have been connected to the RIN network for about a week, with no problems. However this morning I had a problem connecting to News.Individual.NET.

Swapping back to the normal plusdsl realm allowed me to connect. It's fully repeatable. Switch back to the RIN (Plusdsl2) realm and again the news server times out.

Tracert on the RIN network gets as far as t2a7-ge7-0.de-fra.eu.bt.net then fails

Tracert on the normal realm gets all the way there (as expected)

Its not the DNS because both realms resolve to 130.133.1.4

I will raise a ticket, but anyone experiencing timeouts on the RIN network might like to try swapping back
5 REPLIES
wisty
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Now seems fixed

Problem has been resolved. RIN network can now access News.Individual.NET

de-fra.eu.bt.net seems to have started talking to
ir-frankfurt1.g-win.dfn.de

Which is where the breakdown was occuring.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Sounds like a breakdown within BT's European peering, worth keeping a look out to see if there's any others as this is the sort of thing we should be able to feed back up the chain.
N/A

Is their a way to apply to go onto the RIN network or is a selected few trialist's?
Community Veteran

It is currently only Broadband Pay As You Go users that are eligible for the RIN Trial.
Community Veteran

Hi there.

The current trialists are all on PAYG accounts. Unfortunately your account change happened after the original batch was selected.

If / when we move the next batch you will be contacted and given the option to switch to RIN.

Unfortunately I have no time frame for when that might happen.