Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Netop Remote Control

richpu
Dabbler

Hi,

I use Netop Remote Control to connect to one of my relatives computer to help them when they have any problems.

however it is now very slow and the screen refreshes take forever.

The program is using port 6502 will this be getting caught as encrypted p2p and throttled?

anyone any ideas
Regards,
RichPu
7 REPLIES
N/A

I use RealVNC, its much better and free!!
Community Veteran

I liked the idea of RealVCN but I could not find a link to a FREE download.

http://www.realvnc.com/products/personal/

Where did you get your free version?

Many thanks

A
N/A

Community Veteran

Cheers :-)

A
N/A

I like VNC but im put off by the fact that the free version has ( or at leastr at a last count had ) flaws leaving it vunerable.

A mate of mine bore witness to that 2 weeks ago when he was configuring his server and all of a sudden watched the icon go black and the mouse started to move lmao.

He has since opted for enterprise version which encrypts data sent etc and also requires for the client to use encryption in order to make a connection.
N/A

Isn't Netop Remote Control a tad expensive to stick on a relatives pc? I've used it myself, but only when connecting to servers.

Personally, I use Microsoft's Remote Desktop, which is built into Windows XP Pro. Whenever we buy PC hardware, we buy an OEM WinXP Pro license, so there's plenty to go around Smiley
blowdart
Grafter

What a shock, NetOp is encrypted. It appears, if you start reading that pretty much all encrypted traffic seems to have gone awry since the last ellacoya update which was supposed to just limit encrypted P2P.

Have you tried turning encryption off?