cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems tonight

N/A

Problems tonight

I keeping getting no data throughput on my line and if I disconnect it takes about 10/20mins to reconnect are there problems again this evening? The status page has not been updated?

Thanks
Dean.
14 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Problems tonight

Yep, same problem, although when I connect, I get a connection for 5 mins before throughput dies and I have to reboot.

This is after the service announcement telling us that the problem had been resolved and this is the third time since then I have had to reboot!

ARRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> I keeping getting no data throughput on my line and if I disconnect it takes about 10/20mins to reconnect are there problems again this evening? The status page has not been updated?
>
> Thanks
> Dean.

N/A

This is the remarkable level of service they are providing...so many happy customers!
--
N/A

Same problem here Sad If i do connect to the ADSL. Then I either get no data. No web pages open other than Plus net. Or it all works fine for about 5 mins then just dies no data throughput at all.

Resorted back the the 56k dial up and that is just the same Sad

Yet status says everything is fine

N/A

This is the result of hardwork from the plusnet network team...i dread to think what their beginners are like.
N/A

Good to hear its not just me, also good to hear that Plusnet now have some quality kit in place that has no single point of failure so this must be something serious Wink
N/A

they have quality kit in place...now all they need is quality personnel to maximise the benefits

--
N/A

Plusnet are total pants at the moment.

I've persevered with them for the last month because I thought things could'nt get worse, but when you can't connect even using their dial in number(posting this using VirginNet dial-up), that's when you know to move on.

They have my money for this month, but no more flushing hard earned money down the toilet, here I come Nildram.

N/A

i can understand where your coming from but im stuck on a years contract with them (i made a bad mistake after reading all the fairy tale stuff on their website). I havent had much service over a month now, i couldnt send/get files from work...and when i ask for the months money back (no service should mean no fee) they say they have provided a service. What a load of rubbish, but the good thing to comeout of this all is at work we have over 400 people alot of whom VPN in. After this fiasco when people come to me to recommend an ISP i tell them to stay away from Plusnet. So far ive turned away about 12 people. My colleague is also contemplating changing from plusnet. (i recommended them to the poor sod)
--
PhillipH
Grafter

wish you would shut up. the plus net guys are doing their best to complete the recent upgrade. im just a normal adsl user and i can see them getting places.
i think posting messages on here saying "ive turned away so many ppl...." is sour grapes GET OVER IT!

I agree the service status should of been updated quicker thou Smiley

(feel better now)

N/A

Amanda,

if you had literally no service for 4 weeks,
and untold problems from day one when you signed up then im sure you would (like alot of users here) think the same....it just had grand incompetence written all over it...ill give you an example...i requested not to have the domain for the extra money....then they start charging me....i raise an issue...to which i get the reply "we have no record of you making such a request"...yet i could see it in my closed issues....so i think i am more than entitled to have sour grapes...
--
PhillipH
Grafter

heh i would of just hapilly paid the £1 a month and had a domain name (well i have)
no service for months? sounds like a BT problem.
Tongue
N/A

i already own 2 domain names...so no point in any more....as for it being BT problems, no it was Plusnet problem as there were loads of people out there with similar problems! (unless someone went around all the bt exchanges)

--
N/A

> i already own 2 domain names...so no point in any more....as for it being BT problems, no it was Plusnet problem as there were loads of people out there with similar problems! (unless someone went around all the bt exchanges)
>
>
>
>
> --
>

I would have thought that if it was a Plus net problem then everyone would be experiencing the same problem. I must admit that when I first joined Plusnet (in June/July time) the service was a bit dodgy for a few weeks, but after that it was fine, only leaving me with about 30 mins outage per month. This was fine though, considering that the service is much cheaper than other ISPs and the other services on offer (HUGE webspace etc).
I am all for Plusnet and have reccomended them to a few friends.

The downtime tonight was a bit annoying but it is sorted now and I have got over it, as I think you should also do.
N/A

The problems last night should have been updated more quickly, I started to notice problem about 45minutes before I posted this message I check the service staus line, rebooted my equipment, tried to call plusnet (hung up after 10minutes).

Plusnet it maybe useful if the first thing people here when they call the support line is a recorded message of any service issues at the moment, especially if the problem is with connectivity because we cannot check the service status?

Also many people have been quoting the Terms and Conditions about uptime of our ADSL connections saying that there are no guarantee's? I have this question "When would it be considered that the downtime experienced is too much and user's compensated?" 2weeks? 4weeks? 3months? The contract makes no guarantee's so really what is to stop Plusnet from switching off our service for months at a time and those tied into 12 month contracts have to pay for a service they do not recieve surely this is not acceptable?

thanks