Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems.....or just me???

Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Connection died at midnight. Sad

Can't connect in through ADSL, cant get in through PN dial-up, so using Virgin dial-up.

Don't tell me I didn't get the e-mail saying they were switching everything off at midnight to save more bandwidth?
10 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Dave,

This might explain why Thread
It would look like maintenance. Although why dial up isnt working I couldnt tell you.

Regards,
chymorva
Grafter

My connection here is OK. Just checked Service Status - all OK. Maintenance due 0400 - 0700 tomorrow (8th) morning.
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

If it is they're doing it a full 28 hours early. :?
N/A

Actually Dave,

I was a little hasty there lol thats for tomorrow.

Try going here and seeing if there is a problem with your exchange Metronet Exchange Checker.
Perhaps there is a problem with your exchange. Do you get the adsl light appear on your modem or router ?

regards,
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Handy page there tomspcs, but there's nothing to report.

Guess I'll go to bed a hope it's back by the morning.

Edit - Should just say that my modem won't sync in now, I'm not getting any receive data.
N/A

Dave,

Does your router or modem show the adsl light as lit? If so have you tried powering it down for about 10 - 15 minutes and then powering it back up again?
Although very rare you can sometimes encounter a stale session. Where the sync is dropped yet the exchange and the plusnet servers believe your still online. This has only ever happened twice to me before and took approximately 30 minutes of leaving the router powered down in order to sort out.

This said, it may simply be a glitch along the way somewhere which may have solved itself by morning.

Regards,
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Guess it was just a big blip, normal service has been resumed. Cheesy

Edit - I use a PCI ADSL modem, no need for a router. Thanks anyway.
Back to an hour or so of gaming before bed. Smiley
N/A

Glad to hear it Dave Smiley

Its things like this that keep us on our toes, so to speak. Smiley

Regards,
shellsong
Grafter

I've had to reboot my router a couple of times just now-- I wonder whether it's related :?
N/A

I also lost my connection just after midnight - I've only just been reconnected.
Earlier in the day I was twice directed to the BT page with a message referring to 'problems with your ISP' when trying to log-in. Sad