cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems moving house...

N/A

Problems moving house...

I'm moving house next weekend, and would like to take my PAYG account with me.

BT are scheduled to re-activate the BT line at the new house, and it'll have a new phone number. The current tenants don't have a BT line as they just use mobiles.

When I tried to use the "moving house" wizard on this site, it told me that ADSL is not available for that address / number.

I guess that's because the new number isn't yet on the database? BT generated it for me, rather than use the old number on the line.

Is there any way to "pre-order" the change, or will I need to wait until the new line is "live" before the Plusnet / BT system can cope with moving the number?

I'd like to minimise the amount of non-ADSL time where possible!

Any advice welcome!

R. Stanton
Cambridge, UK
15 REPLIES
N/A

Problems moving house...

It won't appear on PN's line checking tool until the line is actually activated. Only once its active can PN place an order for ADSL provision.
Sadly you'll have to wait until then for the order to be placed for ADSL house move.
N/A

Problems moving house...

Cheers for the reply - will have to find something else to do with my evenings for a while I guess!
ceejay

moving house

I'm in the same boat!
I'm moving home this Friday to a newly built flat. It is all wired up and BT are due to activate the number and ADSL after mid day. They gave me an order number to pass to plus net so that PN could start processing the transfer. The automated wizard (dummy) system doesn't like the phone number and won't let me tell it which flat from the post code info. I raised a ticket on this last Friday evening and have not had a response.
Providing the BT order info should enable PN to start the process before the line is live - true or false?
This may be the opportunity of going to another provider!
N/A

Problems moving house...

Hi there christommo,

Welcome to the forums.

Something tells me that there may have been a bit missing from the move process here and the post code issue could also cause grief. it frequently does with new developments.

Normally in these circumstances you would contact PlusNet first to obtain a GQT code. This is then given to BT who in turn give you another code to pass back to PlusNet.

Further details here I suspect that the post code issue and the procedure issue may have a bearing on this completing as you expect.

Can you provide a ticket number and perhaps the Comms Team could advise further.
ceejay

Problems moving house...

Hi Mark,
Her's the ticket id : ID: 20100332

Thanks for the prompt response, I see that I've got on to the roundabout at the wrong place and need the PN ref to give to BT to match up with their ref tec...

What next?

Chris
N/A

Problems moving house...

I have a problem with moving house which may be more difficult to sort. I currently have no connection since being LLU'd, and am moving on 6th Sept to a new house but keeping the same phone number. What do i need to do to transfer my existing package to my new house if i am still not connected.
ceejay

Problems moving house...

That's just great - the response to my ticket was ----
"Use the house move tool"
The point of my ticket was that the house move tool does not work for me - I can't get past the first screen.
It doesn't list my flat number at the post code and it tells me the line does not have ADSL service.
How do I get an order/ref number out of PlusNet to match with the BT reference number?

Chris
N/A

Problems moving house...

Hi Chris.

I have flagged your problem to the Comms Team for their advice and direction.

@ traceymark.

I have also asked for guidance / advice re your situation.
ceejay

Problems moving house...

ticket ref ID: 20100332

Thanks Mark - but will I have to wait another three days for a response? Sorry, not your fault I know, I'm just getting a little frustrated.

Chris
N/A

Problems moving house...

Hi Chris.

I reckon you'll see a better response time than that Wink
N/A

Problems moving house...

That's just great - the response to my ticket was ----
"Use the house move tool"
The point of my ticket was that the house move tool does not work for me - I can't get past the first screen.
It doesn't list my flat number at the post code and it tells me the line does not have ADSL service.
How do I get an order/ref number out of PlusNet to match with the BT reference number?

Chris

Hmmm... well based on the response I had today, it doesn't seem like this is unusual Sad

I had a useful reply from James via PM, which was great, but the response I got from the support agent was the same "just use the move your broadband" tool.

It felt like my request hadn't even been read and that I got the standard response.

I'm starting to see where the unhappiness with support is coming from... it ought not to be necessary to go direct to Mand / James to get a sensible answer. :?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Problems moving house...

ticket ref ID: 20100332

Thanks Mark - but will I have to wait another three days for a response? Sorry, not your fault I know, I'm just getting a little frustrated.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I've replied to your ticket for you.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Problems moving house...

I have a problem with moving house which may be more difficult to sort. I currently have no connection since being LLU'd, and am moving on 6th Sept to a new house but keeping the same phone number. What do i need to do to transfer my existing package to my new house if i am still not connected.

Hi,

Essentially there are two options, we can try a simultaneous order, although the success rate is far from perfect or normal cease and reprovide.

I'd say to try the Sim order if you haven't already arranged the move with BT Retail. If you have that would need to be cancelled and resubmitted as a Sim order as you need to give them a code, they will then give us another code to allow the order to go through. I've raised a ticket to you on your account with the details of how this works.

To go down the cease and reprovide route instead then you just need to submit the order via the Move My ADSL tool on the portal. As you are keeping the same number it's best to submit this about 7 days before you move.
ceejay

Problems moving house...

Thanks Dave. The post code bit now lets me select my address. It now stops on the phone number, so I will just have to wait until that is active before trying again. I will close the ticket and hope I don't have to open another in about a fortnight!

From this thread and other threads on the same or similar themes I would suggest that PN looks at the way they are processing moves to new developments in order to distinguish them from the normal move to premises with an active line.

The business about synchronising with BT wholesale is never going to work as the timescales will never allow it. It is usual these days for there to be only a week between exchange of contracts and completion in house moves. It would not be prudent to start ordering and cancelling services until exchange has taken place.

Any comments?

Regards Chris