cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating new e-mail addresses

RobDickson
Grafter

I am having problems accessing mailboxes that I have created yesterday and today, although all existing e-mail addresses on my account work OK. I raised a ticket, and PlusNet did some "maintenance" on my account, but this failed to solve the problem. PlusNet seems to be able to access my new mailboxes, but I cannot. PlusNet blamed security software on my PC, or me setting the accounts up wrongly.

I doubt it's my security software, because I can access all other accounts OK. I doubt it's me setting up the accounts wrongly because I have tried using Webmail, as well as Outlook Express.

The error message from Outlook Express is:
"There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. ....... Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92"

The error message from webmail says something about the connection being dropped by the IMAP server.

I have double-checked the username, and password. I have tried creating a second new account. I have tried changing the password.

No matter what I do, I cannot solve this problem.

Has anybody else had a similar problem before?
10 REPLIES
RobDickson
Grafter

This was a problem with my work PlusNet account. I have just tried creating a new account using my home PlusNet account, and experienced exactly the same problems when accessing the new account using Webmail, even though the old accounts still work fine.

Surely I can't be the only person experiencing problems creating new mailboxes. I'm probably missing something really obvious, but I can't see what it is.
James
Grafter

Are you saying that we were able to log into your mailboxes fine, but you couldn't then subsequently do this?
RobDickson
Grafter

According to the support guy who last dealt with my ticket (22291155), he was able to access all my mailboxes. I can access all my old mailboxes (both using Outlook Express and Webmail), but cannot access any new ones.

I appreciate that what I have said is very difficult to believe, but I just can't think what I am doing wrong.

I've only raised a ticket for the problems with my work account, I haven't bothered raising a ticket for the identical problems with my home account.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

I've just replicated the issue here, I'm passing a ticket through to the networks team on your account to investigate now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Replicated this on more than one account now and it appears to be affecting quite a few customers so a problem has been raised.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
RobDickson
Grafter

Thanks for looking into it. I'm glad it wasn't me being stupid, although I'd like to know why your support guy managed to access the mailbox, but I couldn't.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'd like to know that too :?

I'll ask them when they are next on duty Wink

*EDIT*
I just remembered that it's on your other account, can you PM me the ticket ID so I can address this with the agent in question?
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
RobDickson
Grafter

I'll just PM the ticket ID to you now. Sorry for the delay, but I was diving all weekend.

I first raised this as a problem at 14:44 on 5th July, gave more information at 08:50 on 6th July, but it wasn't raised as a prioity problem until I raised the problem on the forums.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, got the PM.
Are the mailboxes all accessible now? I can log into them all from here.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
RobDickson
Grafter

All seems fine now. Thanks again for your help.