cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Connecting

N/A

Problems Connecting

Have there been any problems this morning?

When I jumped on my computer at 5:30am, I found that my connection had been dropped. Okay, nothing unusual there, I just disconnect and reconnect. Okay, that's the problem....

When verifying my username/password it eventually times out stating that the remote computer didn't respond in time (or something along those lines). In the past when this has hapened a simple reboot normally fixes the problem.

4 reboots and 45 minutes later I still can't connect because of the remote computer....

I am now at work (which is how I am posting).

Any ideas if there has been PN problems this morning?

Thanks.
57 REPLIES
N/A

Problems Connecting

Same problem here as well.
Service staus announcement says there was a major outage last night so you may have trouble authenticating.
My router logs show it has been on and off all last night, no joy at all this morning despite multiple reboots and even lieaving everything switched off for an hour.
Hope this is sorted soon Sad
N/A

Problems Connecting

Thanks for the info Smiley

Where is the service status message? Have been looking for info on the page and haven't been able to find any links...

Thanks Cheesy

edit: nm I've found it Cheesy
salts
Grafter

Problems Connecting

Under Support > Service Status -> ADSL Dial (or something like that)

Authentication Problems - NEW
Due to extended maintenance performed on our Broadband platform during the early hours of this morning some of Broadband customers may be unable to connect via their Broadband connection.

If you are experiencing this problem we recommend that you turn off all of your Broadband equipment for a period of 1 hour to clear the possibility of a stale session and then try to reconnect.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused by this.

Kind Regards,
Gary Beardshaw
Customer Support.

Where exactly these "stale sessions" reside I don't know, sounds like IT support b*ll to me "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Paul
N/A

Problems Connecting

More to the point, why does leaving it off for an hour make any difference?

I know that in the past, I have advised customers to turn their computers off and call me again in an hour, it is merely to stall for time....
N/A

Problems Connecting

Mine went off between 05:30 and 06:00 - I tried rebooting the router and disconnecting (up to 15 minutes) a few times between 07:00 and 07:40, but it still didn't come back up. I didn't have an hour to spare though, so I guess it will be off all day Cry
N/A

Early morning cut off as well

Well I lost my connection aorund 6.00am. Power cyclyed my router and still no connection. Between this and the withdrawal of the binary newsgroups time to go elsewhere I think. :roll:
N/A

Problems Connecting

Same here, been down and unable to get on this morning tried several reboots to no avail, so I couldn't get my internet fix before leaving for work Sad
JonathanW
Grafter

Problems Connecting

The maintenance caused quite a few people to loose their connections this morning. The request to power down equipment for an hour is to clear off any possible issues at your exchange, and by the time you power back up it should then allow you to come back through and authenticate with our servers again.

However, looking at it, there are still quite a few people trying to reconnect, which is why there are still people having problems reconencting.
N/A

Problems Connecting

However, looking at it, there are still quite a few people trying to reconnect, which is why there are still people having problems reconencting.

I guess this means that if nobody tries to connect nobody will have any problems Cheesy
craign
Grafter

Problems Connecting

:

Mmm? Still early in the morning or am I the only one to see some tautological dilemma in that statement?
monkeyboy
Dabbler

Problems Connecting

Cheers for the update Jon.
N/A

Problems Connecting

I'm having this same problem, and have been without internet access now for over 3 hours!!!!

Combine this with the DNS problems over the weekend, and I can imagine some people will be pretty peeved off.
rammie1976
Grafter

Problems Connecting

"If you are experiencing this problem we recommend that you turn off all of your Broadband equipment for a period of 1 hour to clear the possibility of a stale session and then try to reconnect. "

Unfortunately for me I couldn't get online to read this useful piece of info!!! :roll:

How about a phone-line to ring giving an automated message?

Seems to me +net are constantly having problems these days - Pipex never used to be like this, wish I could afford to leave.
N/A

Problems Connecting

I guess that having a dialup connection as a backup is worthwhile afterall....

Now if PN would offer a freephone number that all Broadband users could use...
Why would they want to use it if ADSL is working okay? With this dialup option they would easily see if there was a problem with the service at times like this.