cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with email

N/A

Problem with email

i have another problem that has accured with my force9 account is the email. i can NOT recieve emails from anyone. i even use my other accounts like hotmail or gmail to try and send some mail to myself but it gets rejected and is told to send the mail to the plus.netHuh?
my boss at work also has this same problem. please help fellow f9 users Cry Cry Cry
12 REPLIES
N/A

Email problem Ivan

Hello bbdale

First of all you'll need to give me abit more information about the problem, so what OS are you running (windows what flavour, or Linux, or Mac etc), next what kind of mail program, eudora, Outlook express, Outlook or something else?

Have you checked all your mail settings within your email program, such as POP3 server address(inbound) is mail.force9.net or mail.f9.net and SMTP (outgoing) should be relay.f9.net or relay. force9.net

**Check you also have the correct IP address's for the Force9 DNS servers, that is the Primary and Secondary IP address you can find those settings on the portal under your account details.

**Make sure you have the correct settings with your DUN (thats dialup network settings) you must have exactly the right settings in place for it to work correctly and even one setting wrong can be enough to throw a spanner in the works.

**Make sure your modem or router is installed correctly, check all these settings too.

**If after all this and things still wont work with your email service then I'd suggest contacting F9 customer support for more help, give them a phone would be the best bet.

Ivan
N/A

Problem with email

When you say

rejected and is told to send the mail to the plus.netHuh?

I assume, you're getting a bounce message along the lines of

host mx.internal.plus.net [195.166.137.26]: 550 SMTP REJECTED:
Please redirect your mail to the plus.net domain

If so this is a standard bounce and either you're sending mail to the wrong address or

bbdale@force9.co.uk isn't set up properly, with force 9 in which case as Ivan says, call CS.

Edit, just tested that and it would appear to be the case, which surprises me as your user account is obviously working on the forum :?
N/A

Replying Ivan

Hi mattley,

The problem appears to be that he has the wrong domain name, emails are NOT being sent to plusnet Force9 but to gmail.com instead of f9.net or force9.net. Either he has the email program settings wrong for SMTP or the F9 account to the server is in error (the second would be less likely).

Ivan
N/A

Problem with email

oh of course Shockedops:

bbdale@bbdale.force9.co.uk

would be a better test wouldn't it, :roll: --- this hasn't bounced.

I kind of read from the reference to redirection though that mails were getting to F9's servers from gmail and hotmail correctly, as this line is in the Force9.co.uk bounce message. If you get <thewrongdomain>.force9.co.uk you get an unroutable domain bounce from the sending server.

Hopfully bbdale will be back in a bit to clarify.
N/A

Problem with email

Phew!!!!, glad someone finally understands what I was trying to say all along!! :lol:

Ivan
N/A

Problem with email

Phew!!!!, glad someone finally understands what I was trying to say all along!! :lol:

Ivan
N/A

Problem with email

dont worry about me. im getting confused by the whole f9 email system Shockedops: but eventually i will learn :shock:
N/A

Replying Ivan

Hello bbdale

Yes! agreed mail systems can get quite confusing even if you know abit about them, but at its most simple level what you have to know is its all about "client server computing"

Ivan
N/A

Re: Replying Ivan

but at its most simple level what you have to know is its all about "client server computing"

Ivan

And how simple can that be.
:roll: Cheesy

I wanna go back to mainframes, that was much simpler.

:lol:

(I'don't really, the Pr0n was rubbish. Wink :twisted: )
N/A

Problem with email

Hi,

YEP!! Mainframes was and still is all about "client server" computing, theres very little thats new under the sun, no really!! honest!! :lol:

Ivan
N/A

Problem with email

YEP!! quote]

NOPE!! not 'proper' mainframes, I'm older than you think. Tongue

I'm talking nothing but a green screen at the end of some RS232 (and the RS232 was an upgrade) it really wasn't a client

maybe a customer.... hmm no customers browse ... hmmmm browsers..... Oh yeah .... full circle

:lol:
N/A

Problem with email

Hiay,

Yeh!! Yeh!! Yeh!! I remember those old things too you know?? Hay its NOT how old you are its what you remember and your knowledge and experience that matters I recon.

**Now where did I put my socks?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: must be loosing it in my old age?

Ivan