cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probably about to receive another SUP email

N/A

Just looked at my bandwidth for this month and im just above 77gb, so another 23gb and im gonna receive an email. Is it just me or is it completely unfair that they've released these new terms in the middle of a calender month? I've changed the way i download now and set my transfers to 50k max during peak times and 120k off peak even though my connection is capable of sustaining 240k. Now a lot of my traffic is p2p, mainly bit torrent. The way with bit torrent works is you upload when you download, but you can only upload at a max of 30k a sec anyway as its adsl. It seems completely unfair that any uploading traffic is also included in the bandwidth monitor, as at plusnets end i imagine this wont put as much stress on their network as someone downloading at full speed, plus i limit my p2p uploads to 10k otherwise i'd never be able surf the net, however this 10k adds up and is still included in the monitor.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Shouldn't this be in Customer Feedback?
N/A

Would have thought so, but I will leave this one at the descretion of the user. If he wants it moving, no problem.

SUP is not bassed on a callender month, but a billing month (eg 22nd Sept to 21st Oct)
N/A

can it be moved to customer feedback please.

Do you not see my point about the uploading?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Although your upload causes less strain on our network, it still contributes to the total capacity, which is what we have to pay for. As such it is included as your total usage.