cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing problems on invoices

N/A

Today I tried to print my February invoice and the printer was crashing into the end of the carriage. The invoice printed with about an inch missing from the left hand side. All the other printing business I have performed today has been correctly printed. I have never had a problem before using the printable version of an invoice. I raised a question and got the usual platitudes. I have replied that I DID USE THE PRINTABLE VERSION and I NEVER NORMALLY HAVE TO MESS WITH MARGINS (yes I know I am shouting but link:censored - don't they ever take things on board.......) I just tried it again with the same alarming performance from the printer. Has anyone else had this problem? - if so please add your weight to this complaint before we wreck our printers. Evil

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Removed attempt to bypass swear filter. : link:rules
5 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Mine has just printed without a problem. I would guess that it would have to be your setup to be honest. The only things that I can think of that would cause the printer head to crash into the side of your printer is either a fault with the printer, or possibly something to do with the printer driver.

Phil
theharveyfamily
Grafter

I've had a similar problem to that.

Dirty print head carraige rails.
:?:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Very strange problem, can't see any difference between this invoice and any others. I've not got a working printer here so I can't test, but one of the CSC Analysts is going to see if we can replicate it our side.
rslsys
Grafter

Today I tried to print my February invoice

What happens if you re-print your January invoice (which I guess printed OK before)?

If you get the same printing problem then it looks like it is hardware/drivers.

Cheers

Keith
N/A

I printed the October and January invoices - no problem - then tried the Feb one again - and lo and behold - it printed OK - my take on this is that the doc came down corrupted in some way and that was "cached" in my machine till I "flushed" that by printing a different month - OK p'raps it's a one-off.