cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing /downloading Tutorials

iashton
Grafter

Would it be possible to have a Printer Friendly and/or download button or similar on the tutorials?

These are a great feature of the PlusNet site.

I've been using several of the ADSL troubleshooting guides this week. By their nature they're often needed when you are not connected and so I've printed them out with the browser's File/Print...

However I think they'd look even better if formatted specifically for printing - like my bank statements for example.
22 REPLIES
N/A

Can I ask which tutorials you refer to?

Are you in referance to those in the tutorials forum, or within the support section of the website?
Community Veteran

I think it sounds like a good idea. Surely it would be feasable to have a printer friendly version or a pdf convertor on the tutorials over on usertools? Just a link to usertools from the forums would be enough.

Chris
N/A

Attempts to make PDF versions of the Usertools tutorials failed, mainly because of the images,

Plain text worked pretty well, but most have and require images.
iashton
Grafter

Can I ask which tutorials you refer to?

Are you in reference to those in the tutorials forum, or within the support section of the website?

The ones I've been using are in the 'Tutorials and FAQ's' forum. I did copy and paste into Word successfuly but a '1 click' solution would be better.
N/A

Hi,

It's a great idea, but I guess the problem would be converting them into a single click version. I will raise this with the rest of the team, and get there views of the matter.

Cheers,

Aaron
N/A

you can PDF images -- where is the problem in that?
N/A

It's make adding the images that is the issue, it is handling which page they are placed on and if or not they get cut off.

If it feels there is enough for a few lines of text on the bottom, the existing page is used. Pictures normaly take more than a few lines.
N/A

why would it have to be PDF?
N/A

What other formats did you have in mind Chris?

Cheers,

Aaron
N/A

html ?

EDIT: I re-read the thread lol.... in a zip!
N/A

I will pdf them up for you if you wish
LiamM
Grafter

Yeah, how about manually compiling a PDF file each time a review is added? Won't take 2mins.
csogilvie
Grafter

They aren't written in anything that can be easily PDFed - eg a word document.

If you hack the URL to be http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/pdf/id/[idnum] then you will get a PDF though, I make no gurantee of the quality though...
N/A

Clever, Colin.

Certainly worked on the couple that I have tried. Text within some graphics was a tiny bit iffy but, in the main , very workable.

Good call.