cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing for a new sign up confusing.

N/A

I've just signed up a friend for BB Plus and taken the option for the one port router at £29.99 plus p&p. This straight away generated a call to support, when you look at the Account Summary it states a price of £80.68 for the router which is incorrect.

I've just checked the status of the order and in the 'order progress list' the monies for the router have been taken, £35.98, working down the check list the next payment should be due on the actual activation date. You then go to 'My Transactions' and the sum of £50.97 has already been taken. I presume this is for the router and the first months subscription but I have had to raise a ticket to clarify this as this doesn't tally with the 'order progress' information.

Can somebody at PlusNet have a look at the discrepancies that show up on the portal for a new order. It's generating phone calls to me and support just for clarification purposes.

Tom
4 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Which options did you choose on signup?

I have tried to replicate this but is seems fine when I use it.

Can you post a ticket number from the account or the account username so I can look at it further?
N/A

Hi Ben,

The user name is 'sweetingz', the pricing is fine when you initially signup, it's when you look at the details after the account has been created figures don't match.

The ticket I opened for her has been returned confirming the £14.99 subscription is taken straight away but your billing date doesn't start until activation.. It's only an issue for somebody who signs up then looks at the account details / order progress section and finds conflicting pricing information.

When she signed up the other day, we double checked the 'account details' and the first thing she saw was a router supposedly for £80 rather than £29.99. She rang support who clarified that £29.99 was the correct price. Similarly in the 'order status' section it would clarify things if the advance subscription charge was shown as taken so that it matches what is shown in 'My transactions'.

Tom
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Yes, the ticket response is correct, we take the first monthly payment in advance, the billing date is then set for one month after the activation date.

This isn't done for accounts where the activation fee is paid up front.
N/A

I'd assumed that's what happens for the £14.99. Why does the single port router cost show £80 when you look at the account summary though? It's billed correctly, just confuses the person who has signed up when they see it.